China testing new players at Austria Open

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I know but as I remember Wang Chuqin is playing for Bazhou and Zhou Kai for Bayi. Anyway XX, ML and ZJK are getting old and in few years they will be easier to beat then know, so I think china wants to start earlier with new players to gain more international experience.
Out of 5 chinese players already two of them lost in first round including Wang Chuqin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
There are some new players in world tour from china, do they think about retirement of golden 3?

The young get their chances of life time to play oversea but performance is disappointing with no player survived the round 32. Hope they can do better next week in Sweden.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
it just shows that China has had a fantastic generation of champions. its not sure the next one will be as good.

FZD will be the big favourite to be the World Champion / Olympic Champion for sure in the coming years, but silver or bronze may go to non-chinese if MA Long / XU Xin go downhill from here.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
it just shows that China has had a fantastic generation of champions. its not sure the next one will be as good.

FZD will be the big favourite to be the World Champion / Olympic Champion for sure in the coming years, but silver or bronze may go to non-chinese if MA Long / XU Xin go downhill from here.
There is some truth to this but it is a bit overstated.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I believe there is a history that more than one Chinese world champion did not impress anyone in their FIRST taste of high level European competition. I would never bet against their next crop being just as good in the fullness of time. It would be good for the sport if they werent, but I just am not going to react much to this one event. This group are not as polished as FZD at a young age. It doesn't predict where they will be in 4 years.

I also don't think ML is going anywhere for awhile.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Also, they lack of confidence, experience.

They are young and they rarely play ITTF competitions.

Too much pressure on 1 or 2 competitions = medium performance.

With few competitions against top 50 players, they could play better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

That was my intention. I really doubt that chinese will dominate TT next 5 years. Of course FZD will be number one soon and probably he will stay there for longer period. The truth is that chinese do not have next FZD to be great in few years. Wang Chuqin and Zhou Kai are playing in best world league but they couldn't manage to win with players ranked about 50.
Sumarizing if they have another FZD they will probably send him to play world tour like it was with FZD when he was 15. So they are sending what the have now to check but the feedback is not satisfying.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
That was my intention. I really doubt that chinese will dominate TT next 5 years. Of course FZD will be number one soon and probably he will stay there for longer period. The truth is that chinese do not have next FZD to be great in few years. Wang Chuqin and Zhou Kai are playing in best world league but they couldn't manage to win with players ranked about 50.
Sumarizing if they have another FZD they will probably send him to play world tour like it was with FZD when he was 15. So they are sending what the have now to check but the feedback is not satisfying.

It would not surprise me in the least if in the next three years one or more of the players they sent to this tournament is in the top five in the world. (It also wouldn't surprise me if they weren't). I just think it is a bit hard to tell from one or even two tournaments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D