Mizuno Shoes from TT11

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hey guys

I need new shoes for tt, as my butterfly sneakers are worn out. I wanted to buy two pairs at the same time so i can switch between them.

I am thinking of buying the Wave Drive series 5 or 7, or maybe one of each. Do you guys have experiences with those shoes? And are there any problems with ordering them from tt11, size differences etc?

Or are there better alternatives?

Thanks for your answers! Cheers

Last edited:

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I've got a pair of Wave Drive 7s and I think they're excellent. Very light, huge grip, very comfortable - couldn't be happier at the moment. The sizing appears to be accurate. They are quite narrow, so if you have very wide feet you may have an issue there. I got mine from Bribar in the UK, so I can't give you an opinion on TT11.

Reactions: Suga D and Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Hey Boogar,

A while ago someone else was asking about these shoes and since I own a pair, this is what I wrote:

I bought these shoes a short time ago and this is what I can say about it so far:
At first I used regular sneakers to play table tennis and when I wore the Drive 7's for the first time, I noticed they're a lot more comfortable. The damping is really nice and it also prevented foot fatigue which I experienced with other shoes. The model is really low, that was something I wasn't used to, but it turned out that this really wasn't a problem. When it comes to grip, until now I only played on wooden floors and I had plenty of grip. Only when some sweatdrops hit the floor, the grip got noticably worse. I can imagine that this will be the case with any shoe to a certain extent though. These shoes are also very light.

Since these are my first pair of 'real' table tennis shows, it's impossible for me to make a comparison with other table tennis shoes. Despite this, I hope this will help you a bit.

Now, a few months later, I'm still very satisfied with the shoes. I'm using them 3 hours a week average and there's hardly any wear. I wish I could use them more, but that's another story ;).

Reactions: Suga D and Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
You are right about that. It's quite a bit of money, especially if you want to buy two pairs. How much did you pay for your Butterfly shoes?

I don't recall. However they were a special offer. And they don't have them anymore at the store i bought em.
Normal price is about 130$.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I ****ed up... bought three pairs. ****...

That is not bad. That is an investment. At least, as long as they fit. They are awesome shoes.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I ****ed up... bought three pairs. ****...

You could give the shop a call or send an email and tell them about the mistake. Shouldn't be a problem. I don't know where you've ordered them but something like this happened to me when i bought at sport-schreiner and they were very friendly and told me to just send it back.
Butterfly or spinfactory do the same. So really no big deal.
In fact i know a guy who always orders 3 pair of shoes from spinfactory in different sizes and sends back the ones that don't fit... ALWAYS
;)

BTW: good choice. I also use Wave Drive 7 and i love mine....
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
Reactions: Boogar and Jirrex
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
You could give the shop a call or send an email and tell them about the mistake. Shouldn't be a problem. I don't know where you've ordered them but something like this happened to me when i bought at sport-schreiner and they were very friendly and told me to just send it back.
Butterfly or spinfactory do the same. So really no big deal.
In fact i know a guy who always orders 3 pair of shoes from spinfactory in different sizes and sends back the ones that don't fit... ALWAYS
;)

BTW: good choice. I also use Wave Drive 7 and i love mine....
[Emoji2]

Fortunately I could cancel the third pair :D

That's actually a good idea to order different sizes for trying out. But I hate sending stuff, so i hope they will fit :p

My Butterfly shoes were 42.5 and fit perfectly, as Mizuno is japanese as well i am tempted to think they have the same sizes.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Fortunately I could cancel the third pair :D

That's actually a good idea to order different sizes for trying out. But I hate sending stuff, so i hope they will fit :p

My Butterfly shoes were 42.5 and fit perfectly, as Mizuno is japanese as well i am tempted to think they have the same sizes.

Oh, i see. Great, that's customer friendly.

Your thought with japanese sizes sounds logical and makes somewhat sense, but i think it might be better not relying too much on this.
My mizunos were pretty huge.
My old Asics (former outsourced producer of Butterfly shoes) i used to have are size 45 and fit like a glove, whereas in the mizunos i took a size smaller 44 1/2 'cause they were larger than expected.
Hopefully yours might be fitting better, and if not you still can send them back anyways.
Good luck, mate.
[Emoji106]

Last edited:
Reactions: Jirrex and Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Oh, i see. Great, that's customer friendly.

Your thought with japanese sizes sounds logical and makes somewhat sense, but i think it might be better not relying too much on this.
My mizunos were pretty huge.
My old Asics (former outsourced producer of Butterfly shoes) i used to have are size 45 and fit like a glove, whereas in the mizunos i took a size smaller 44 1/2 'cause they were larger than expected.
Hopefully yours might be fitting better, and if not you still can send them back anyways.
Good luck, mate.
[Emoji106]

I have the same experience. I thought that I needed size 42.5/43, since my sneakers / sports shoes usually are that size (Nike, Adidas). So I went to a retail store to try these Drive 7's and asked the seller if I could try them in size 42.5 and 43. Both sizes were definitely too large, so the seller went back and took a pair of 42 and they fitted perfectly. My hiking shoes are also in size 42 and these are usually larger than sports shoes.

Reactions: Boogar and Suga D