Weird playing style

says what [IMG]
lost a bit of respect for lukaz at point starting 6:57. He argues that he deserves the point because filipe talked during the point. however lukaz said "sorry" midpoint before filipe said anything.
If I understood correctly, money was on the line for this. People's perception becomes a bit weird once money is on the line. I would forgive him. Chances are he didn't even correctly register what happened.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just to clarify Lukasz is not using pips. He is using tenergy rubbers on both sides

It is a pretty unique play style that takes a lot of skill. How high a level he can get to is limited by the style. But man he is good at playing that style. The way he absorbs the spin and bangs the ball back with such good angles is pretty unique. It is very hard to play like that with Tenergy on.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
lost a bit of respect for lukaz at point starting 6:57. He argues that he deserves the point because filipe talked during the point. however lukaz said "sorry" midpoint before filipe said anything.

The thing I thought was funny, with all the bravado at the beginning, after he lost the second game, Lukaz was complaining about Filipe hiding his hook serve behind his ball toss arm. I looked and I didn't look that way to me.

And I would be surprised if he has never been called by a good umpire for how he flips his racket over and over while the opponent is in the process of serving. That is definitely a purposeful distraction. So it is sort of like he thinks he is allowed to use dirty tricks to help him but then, even when the dirty trick is only imagined, since it is against him, then it is no longer okay.

This does not change the fact that he is really good and that is a unique style. But, to me, the personality flaw actually seems to go with the style.

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer
How high a level he can get to is limited by the style.

He also has to learn how to serve legally.

It is a pretty unique play style that takes a lot of skill. How high a level he can get to is limited by the style. But man he is good at playing that style. The way he absorbs the spin and bangs the ball back with such good angles is pretty unique. It is very hard to play like that with Tenergy on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
there isnt anything weird about it, is a very limited guy that learned how to block a lot with the backhand and has no forehand, any half decent player with a couple years of training can beat him easily IMO at least.

he's pretty high level. If you can get there with a couple years of training you're pretty darn good!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What is wrong with his serve?

Looking at it on a big screen instead of my cell phone, you are right. I don't see anything illegal about Lukasz's serves.

But there is nothing wrong with the serves that Filipe did that he was saying were illegal either.

And in that point that he wanted because of the talking, Lukasz definitely says "Sorry" during the point after his net. And Filipe does not say anything until after the point was over. Once Lukasz hits the ball into the net, Filipe says, "Double." I guess he meant "Sorry back at you." Or something like that but Lukazs thought he meant Filipe did not get the ball till it bounced a second time.

I guess it was a confusing situation. The umpire should have looked at that guys video. Because it would have been clear what really happened.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
there isnt anything weird about it, is a very limited guy that learned how to block a lot with the backhand and has no forehand, any half decent player with a couple years of training can beat him easily IMO at least.
I fully agree on this .
When someone starts to play passive it is going to lose ....
And this throwing of the rocket is very disparage of him . And the referee has to make a statement about that.
And nice play by Felipe. Good prepared serves and good looping, just level or two above opponent.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
A lot of people writing interesting stuff - they should post videos of their play...

This guy in black first and foremost has extremely strong sidespin serves. That he can get a 2300 player to miss his long serves repeatedly says a lot - most of them are topspin to invite to fast loop into his block. I don't know what he is using but I suspect he is using a very fast blade.

As for him not having a forehand - the 2300 player rarely looped past him on the first loop so you can't going to beat him with power or spin unless you are very consistent. Placement of blocks and spin variation are good.

OF course, the fact that he isn't aggressively counter topspining and he can't use his forehand the way he is playing limits the kind of pressure he can put a 2300 player under over the course of a match, but I can't see anyone under 2000 beating him easily and I suspect that he can actually attack against such players - he is playing a better player so it is probably harder to see his attack.

In any case, most people will not be able to beat this guy with a lifetime of training.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
In the pause between sets he is arguing in polish language that he is unable to play his style of game because Felipe is pushing to hard onto him .... And in the game you can see he is trying backhand offensive play where he did not have much possible chances to apply. Good play from Felipe