What's happened to Ovtcharov's performance recently?

This user has no status.
Anyone know whats happened to Dimitrij recently. His poor performance at Rio, World Cup and Europeans was something.. but now Swedish Open...

Its a combination of things I think. I know he swapped to Hurricane on his forehand prior to Rio and it didn't really work for him. From what I have heard he has now swapped back, but will need to re-adjust. He has also had a child too which adds more stress and takes up more time. He will bounce back I'm sure! :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Its a combination of things I think. I know he swapped to Hurricane on his forehand prior to Rio and it didn't really work for him. From what I have heard he has now swapped back, but will need to re-adjust. He has also had a child too which adds more stress and takes up more time. He will bounce back I'm sure! :)

Did he use Hurricane in Rio to? I thought he used it after Rio? And true probably a lot less sleep now with his new baby.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I wouldn't be too worried either.

See it's quite likely that having such major changes in Life like having a baby does affect the performance. Just take a look at Roger Federer....

And Dima is a working machine, i'm pretty sure, that he'll catch up again.

Comparing the talent between Dima and Timo ten to twelve years ago no coach i know would have even bet a dime that Dima will ever reach such a high level and look at him now. He's proven them all wrong.

So Dima [if you read this] just take your time, and show 'em whatcha got in store!
[Emoji2]

This user has no status.
I wouldn't be too worried either.

See it's quite likely that having such major changes in Life like having a baby does affect the performance. Just take a look at Roger Federer....

And Dima is a working machine, i'm pretty sure, that he'll catch up again.

Comparing the talent between Dima and Timo ten to twelve years ago no coach i know would have even bet a dime that Dima will ever reach such a high level and look at him now. He's proven them all wrong.

So Dima [if you read this] just take your time, and show 'em whatcha got in store!
[Emoji2]

Imagine if Dima actually uses TTD...

Maybe, Suga D IS OVTCHAROV?!

Reactions: Jirrex and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Imagine if Dima actually uses TTD...

Maybe, Suga D IS OVTCHAROV?!

Hahahaaa, who knows?
[Emoji23] [Emoji106]
No, I'm not. But I think he (and a few more pros too) has (have) been reading here already...

If you find me on Instagram [which isn't hard] you can see a pic of me...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews