Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals?

• Ma Long

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

• Kenta Matsudaira

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
using google translator on the german site I read this

"However, according to ITTF it can not go. Liu is currently not allowed to play international games because of her short-term cancellation of the World Cup at the beginning of October."

" Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen were both qualified for the World Cup, but said one after the other - the former explained this with exhaustion and an injury, the latter with fever, cough and a painful abdominal area. For this short-term cancellation, Liu Shiwen has now been obviously punished. According to Chinese media, the three-time Grand Finals winner has been suspended from all international tournaments."

"Even if Liu Shiwen had a few injuries at the time, the more crucial reason was her personal fear of trouble," Kong Linghui, the women's national team, is quoted by the ITTF. Liu admits to being mentally drained after the Olympics. In addition, there were a lot of other appointments, including the systematic training suffered. "That's why I hesitated when the team decided I was going to participate in the World Cup. I was not psychologically well prepared, "explains the World Cup team, who was waiting with their decision until shortly before the tournament. Now she wants to be completely bent on the will of the team and focus on the Chinese Super League. "I hope the team will once again allow me to fight for a place at the 2020 Olympics. I will do my best in China's glory and honor in international tournaments. "

I didnt translate the last two paragraphs cause they are irrelevant with LSW issue

Reactions: Suga D
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
First post updated:

Koki Niwa has replaced Zhang Jike as the first player on the reserve list and participates in the World Tour Grand Finals as the number 15 seed.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Ma Long and Ding Ning training

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FITTFWorld%2Fvideos%2F1573455816017749%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Certainly not. Haven't you read my or TTFRENZY's posts above?

I did, but I got confused by the first post of this topic, where ZJK (that will not play) is not anymore on the list, but LSW is still there in the seedings.. So I just was not sure.

So who am I going to cheer for now..??
Probably Ito Mima :)

Administrator
Oct 2010
The draw has been released!

Round of 16!

Ma Long vs Li Ping
Kenta Matsudaira vs Wong Chun Ting
Chuang Chih Yuan vs Yuya Oshima
Jeoung Youngsik vs Jun Mizutani

Xu Xin vs Chen Chien An
Yuto Muramatsu vs Vladimir Samsonov
Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Tang Peng
Koki Niwa vs Fan Zhendong

Reactions: TurboZ
Administrator
Oct 2010
Players ready for the matches :)

players.jpg
Photo via ITTF

This user has no status.
I did, but I got confused by the first post of this topic, where ZJK (that will not play) is not anymore on the list, but LSW is still there in the seedings.. So I just was not sure.

So who am I going to cheer for now..??
Probably Ito Mima :)

She has been under-performing lately but I hope she does well

This user has no status.
Dont want to be judgmental cause we dont know the internal relation but what's the point of punishing so hard a player . I dont think she will give an actual s*** about not competing in the grand finals but I think this is bad news for her

so basically she is banned cause of late cancellation for WC, did she do it much after Ding Ning?