Play-style Tips!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Easy. Play against beginners, but don't go easy on them. Tell them enough so that they get the ball on the table :)

That is an interesting idea. Next time I will try to throw all kind of no-spin and side-top serves to get some junk returns...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That is an interesting idea. Next time I will try to throw all kind of no-spin and side-top serves to get some junk returns...

I tell people all the time - I built my 3rd ball skills by practicing against beginners not by practicing against better players. The next step is to develop some serves that even better players will return passively and then you can use some of those shots.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
The opponents I hate playing most are the power loopers with heavy spin and pace. It's just annoying to deal with heavy topspin balls relentlessly making me move and block long. I like it when the ball slows down as my knees and my mobility are not as heavily challenged.

I'm sure you already know this, and probably implement it in your game already, but your best bet is to stop them getting the first loop in at all costs (touch their backspin serves and attack their topspin serves, whilst serving everything tight yourself) and if they do get in, use every drop of their juicy pace and spin against them with well placed blocks and counter-loops. Pin them down their backhand and when they inevitably turn to play a forehand, punch them out wide! :) I have lost to a lot of people who cannot move that well, mostly because of their ability to use my game to their advantage!

Again, you may already know the above, but hopefully it can help someone else :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
I absolutely hate playing blockers or counterattackers. I just start thinking about all that volume of sweat and hardwork I had while trying to improve my footwork and strokes. And these guys just use all my hardwork against me without doing much.
counterattackers are hard for me to play against too, but they are also probably my favorite style to play against. Probably because I feel like they help me improve the most. And getting points against them feels more rewarding.