Searching for a rubbers with these characteristics

i'm a player with short pips on forehand and a normal rubber on my back hand. i feel like my current rubber has worn off at thinking about buying a new one.

i'm searching for a rubber that generate good spin because my game is build on spin. like when i'm serving and looping i need to generate a lot of spin ;). other part is i need it to be a little less sensitive to incoming spin like when i'm receiving the service. i usually place the ball all over the opponent's side so to do that it has to be a little less sensitive to incoming spin and should be easy to control. :p

i'm not looking for a really slow also because i occasionally finish the point by smashing the ball and i need the punching power to do that. I know i'm asking a lot but please name me some options if you guys can spare a moment of your time and i rally appreciate it :cool:

Reactions: BeGo
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i do not now why nearly everyone is searching for rubber which is "less sensitive to incoming spin".....
If you master to use incoming spin then it is more fun and more deceptive game .....
try it.
for example when some one serve backspin you have to add side spin and the opponent will have heavier rotation .
or for side spin you can add more side spin .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
i do not now why nearly everyone is searching for rubber which is "less sensitive to incoming spin".....
If you master to use incoming spin then it is more fun and more deceptive game .....
try it.
for example when some one serve backspin you have to add side spin and the opponent will have heavier rotation .

Because there are many players are very good at serving spin and not all opponents are really very good at returning even if they have the skills, i also watch class A in the academy [class A is for professional and highest level] and there are players using pimples and few of them having trouble in returning or receiving serves whatever the serve it is, so don't just think that all people in the world can easily return or receive the serves because then it is like the serve isn't a weapon or an advantage at all, why many trying to master/train for serves if it won't do anything for opponents?

And if the member asked about the rubber then he is not planning to train for serves or receiving serves, they already read about it, so they are talking about the equipment, not the techniques, if they ask about techniques then there are answers too.

Reactions: Tharindu Manawadu
This user has no status.
Ok so the short answer is go for tacky rubbers with soft sponge.

You see, how easy is to answer, later they will think about techniques and they will ask later if the equipment didn't work, i was having that problem before and all here told me about techniques, i was training but i wasn't really learning it quick to use, so i went with pimples and it helped me about 85%, this is a big improvement for me, i even won over players who only or mostly depending on that spinney serves to win, so teqniques are important but also equipment has something even to a percent, otherwise why is all those rubbers different types and blades and whatever?

This user has no status.
You see, how easy is to answer, later they will think about techniques and they will ask later if the equipment didn't work, i was having that problem before and all here told me about techniques, i was training but i wasn't really learning it quick to use, so i went with pimples and it helped me about 85%, this is a big improvement for me, i even won over players who only or mostly depending on that spinney serves to win, so teqniques are important but also equipment has something even to a percent, otherwise why is all those rubbers different types and blades and whatever?

Using equipment to fix a deficiency in form or ability will limit your development as a player and prevent you from reaching a higher potential. If you use pips because that is how you were taught and you can play good quality shots with them, then that's awesome because you're adding diversity to the game. But if you use pips just to bump back balls that you can not (or CHOOSE not to) read, that's limiting your overall ability.

Tharindu, if you are not in a competitive season, i suggest getting a tacky rubber and learning to read spin well rather than trying to win. You may perform worse for a little bit but you will eventually reach a higher level through a better understanding of spin. If you are in a competitive season, i would order your normal bh rubber and also one very cheap, tacky rubber to put on for the off-season so you can learn spin better. You usually have to suffer a bit of difficulty before you truly improve, and improvement is almost never due to equipment changes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
i'm a player with short pips on forehand and a normal rubber on my back hand. i feel like my current rubber has worn off at thinking about buying a new one.

i'm searching for a rubber that generate good spin because my game is build on spin. like when i'm serving and looping i need to generate a lot of spin ;). other part is i need it to be a little less sensitive to incoming spin like when i'm receiving the service. i usually place the ball all over the opponent's side so to do that it has to be a little less sensitive to incoming spin and should be easy to control. :p

i'm not looking for a really slow also because i occasionally finish the point by smashing the ball and i need the punching power to do that. I know i'm asking a lot but please name me some options if you guys can spare a moment of your time and i rally appreciate it :cool:
It is a contradiction. A rubber with great spin is usually sensitive to incoming spin.

However, Donic BF JP3 is probably the best compromise. It's not so sensitive to incoming spin. It generates decent spin But it requires active stroke.

This user has no status.
Yesterday i played with new person, he wasn't very good from what i see, but sounds he can generates moderate spin in some of his serves, believe me, even i am using my blade with long pimples i missed some of his serves, but we played in the old system, 21 points, we played i think 8 games, he won 1 and i won 7 games, but sounds that i wasn't really in mood to play, but definitely my defensive blade with LP did defeat him well, and in fact he won that 1 game after he used my another blade with SP rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
try it.

I strongly agree with this. Even though it's harder, you'll be able to get much meaner returns if you learn how to deal spinny balls with reactive rubbers.

Besides, how spinny a rubber is directly translate to how reactive a rubber is to spin. Tenergy 05 is basically that. It's the easiest rubber to create with but it's the most reactive rubber to spin. So much so that everytime I use other rubbers, my FH block would drop to the net.

OP, why don't you try MX-P or Omega V Tour. I think for spinny other rubbers other than tenergy, these 2 stands above the rest. Ofc if you have money for tenergy, Tenergy 80 is a popular choice

This user has no status.
I strongly agree with this. Even though it's harder, you'll be able to get much meaner returns if you learn how to deal spinny balls with reactive rubbers.

Besides, how spinny a rubber is directly translate to how reactive a rubber is to spin. Tenergy 05 is basically that. It's the easiest rubber to create with but it's the most reactive rubber to spin. So much so that everytime I use other rubbers, my FH block would drop to the net.

OP, why don't you try MX-P or Omega V Tour. I think for spinny other rubbers other than tenergy, these 2 stands above the rest. Ofc if you have money for tenergy, Tenergy 80 is a popular choice

Honestly speaking, Tenergy is the rubber that causes me not receive spin serve good enough, mostly net or out of table, so that i avoid using this rubber if i play against spin players.

try it.
I understand what you saying and thank you for that but my game is based on placement of the ball keeping it deep and short. exploiting weakness in opponents footwork. i know my game is not noble and its dirty ;) . but that's how i survive. so i'm searching for a rubber like this because it has a bigger margin for error in a play style like this.

Because there are many players are very good at serving spin and not all opponents are really very good at returning even if they have the skills, i also watch class A in the academy [class A is for professional and highest level] and there are players using pimples and few of them having trouble in returning or receiving serves whatever the serve it is, so don't just think that all people in the world can easily return or receive the serves because then it is like the serve isn't a weapon or an advantage at all, why many trying to master/train for serves if it won't do anything for opponents?

And if the member asked about the rubber then he is not planning to train for serves or receiving serves, they already read about it, so they are talking about the equipment, not the techniques, if they ask about techniques then there are answers too.

thank you for your comment. I can return serves just OK. but the point is i wanna place the return effectively. as a example i can return sidespin-topspin serves but i if a looper is serving its like walking in to a trap:p by just returning it. that's why i need a rubber with this quality which can throw the ball at their elbow ;)

Using equipment to fix a deficiency in form or ability will limit your development as a player and prevent you from reaching a higher potential. If you use pips because that is how you were taught and you can play good quality shots with them, then that's awesome because you're adding diversity to the game. But if you use pips just to bump back balls that you can not (or CHOOSE not to) read, that's limiting your overall ability.

Tharindu, if you are not in a competitive season, i suggest getting a tacky rubber and learning to read spin well rather than trying to win. You may perform worse for a little bit but you will eventually reach a higher level through a better understanding of spin. If you are in a competitive season, i would order your normal bh rubber and also one very cheap, tacky rubber to put on for the off-season so you can learn spin better. You usually have to suffer a bit of difficulty before you truly improve, and improvement is almost never due to equipment changes.

i understand your concern and really appreciate it.:cool: but i'm doing fine in reading the spin. but when you play with good opponents. they know where you will place the ball and it really require a pro level skills to return that kind of spin where opponent doesn't expect with a tacky rubber. and placement of the ball is a big portion of my game. so that's why i need this kind of rubber it's not to make up for a something i lack but to enhance my main weapon ( placement ) in my opinion. :D

A rubber cannot possibly generate good spin and be insensitive to incoming spin at the same time. It's a tradeoff, you cannot get both.

but what about the rubbers that has a less tacky top sheet and when you grace the ball incoming spin doesn't affect you much but when you are hitting ball sinks in to the rubber and you can generate a decent amount of spin. i'm looking for that kind of rubber but don't know what it is called. :D

Reactions: BeGo
It is a contradiction. A rubber with great spin is usually sensitive to incoming spin.

However, Donic BF JP3 is probably the best compromise. It's not so sensitive to incoming spin. It generates decent spin But it requires active stroke.
thank you mate. it seems like a rubber i'm looking for. decent spin is just fine :eek:

Thank you for your comment. I'm thinking about rubbers that has a less tacky top sheet and when you grace the ball incoming spin doesn't affect you much but when you are hitting ball sinks in to the rubber and you can generate a decent amount of spin. i'm looking for that kind of rubber but don't know what it is called. they allow you to add spin to the rally but doesn't affect your placement due to incoming spin :D

This user has no status.
Hello Tharindu. It sounds as though you play exactly the same way as I do when I'm playing against somebody who uses underspin although I do attack or block topspin. I've been searching for the same combination which allows me to use heavy spin on my service but is not too sensitive to spin when receiving serves. Unfortunately, as other people have said, that is a utopia which doesn't exist and therefore you have to compromise. I have been using Tenergy 05FX on my forehand but Friendship Geospin Tacky on my backhand. As I mostly push on my backhand side I get a lot of control from the Geospin Tacky but plenty of speed and spin from the Tenergy 05FX. I also switch sides quite often after I have received service as my backhand is much stronger than my forehand. However, because my rubber is a bit old and Tenergy is a ridiculous price I have recently bought Xiom Vega Europe and Tihbar Aurus Soft and I'm finding that the Tihbar Aurus Soft gives me a little more spin a little less control on the backhand and the Xiom Vega Europe is fine for my forehand although not as powerful as the Tenergy. Both of these rubbers are very soft and very, very light so if you like to feel something heavy they aren't for you but I'm enjoying playing with them.

Last edited:
Hello Tharindu. It sounds as though you play exactly the same way as I do when I'm playing against somebody who uses underspin although I do attack or block topspin. I've been searching for the same combination which allows me to use heavy spin on my service but is not too sensitive to spin when receiving serves. Unfortunately, as other people have said, that is a utopia which doesn't exist and therefore you have to compromise. I have been using Tenergy 05FX on my forehand but Friendship Geospin Tacky on my backhand. As I mostly push on my backhand side I get a lot of control from the Geospin Tacky but plenty of speed and spin from the Tenergy 05FX. I also switch sides quite often after I have received service as my backhand is much stronger than my forehand. However, because my rubber is a bit old and Tenergy is a ridiculous price I have recently bought Xiom Vega Europe and Tihbar Aurus Soft and I'm finding that the Tihbar Aurus Soft gives me a little more spin a little less control on the backhand and the Xiom Vega Europe is fine for my forehand although not as powerful as the Tenergy. Both of these rubbers are very soft and very, very light so if you like to feel something heavy they aren't for you but I'm enjoying playing with them.

Thank you for your help, I've played with aurus and the problem with is the lack of gears it's either very slow or very fast output on the ball its hard to play something middle with that rubber otherwise it was good for me ;) . Fun fact, I haven't still seen anyone using xiom products in our country. I also flip the rubber in receiving services if the opponent's serves gives me trouble :cool: i use a 802-40 on my forehand.