Stiga Celero Wood

This user has no status.
63a0aad742ff585e57f6fb372ba8c942.jpg

Felt hard stiff fast and very heavy to me during ball bounce test. Weighing on the scale confirmed my suspicion. All three that were there all about 96 grams. Felt heavy the moment I held it in my hand.

I think better fit for:
1. blocking/hitting
2. use with short pips
3. loop drive kind of play.

There were some reasons why I didn't finally get one when I had the chance:
1. The top ply was split, I mean from two pieces put together. All three were like that.
2. There were other blades that were more interesting so I had to choose and opted to skip this,at least for the time being.
3. Felt heavy/heavier than the actual weight, the big handle probably plays apart for that.

Some like it heavy. I play with some around the same weight and more even but they didn't feel like it.

I actually kind of like it, still in the list of blades I might get later on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
63a0aad742ff585e57f6fb372ba8c942.jpg

Felt hard stiff fast and very heavy to me during ball bounce test. Weighing on the scale confirmed my suspicion. All three that were there all about 96 grams. Felt heavy the moment I held it in my hand.

I think better fit for:
1. blocking/hitting
2. use with short pips
3. loop drive kind of play.

There were some reasons why I didn't finally get one when I had the chance:
1. The top ply was split, I mean from two pieces put together. All three were like that.
2. There were other blades that were more interesting so I had to choose and opted to skip this,at least for the time being.
3. Felt heavy/heavier than the actual weight, the big handle probably plays apart for that.

Some like it heavy. I play with some around the same weight and more even but they didn't feel like it.

I actually kind of like it, still in the list of blades I might get later on.
And i was hoping a blade not too stiff and not too heavy. I want to change my blade which is Donic Epox Carbotec to a less stiffer blade with more flex

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Best to wait for some feedback from someone who has played with the blade. This is a 5.5mm thick blade with limba outers, and Stiga place it below the Infinity for speed. Rok found some very heavy examples here which could be the cause, and some information is better than none (interesting to hear that Stiga are still joining top plies together), but still. I'd expect it to be slower and less stiff than your Carbotec.

I've got one on the way this week.

This user has no status.
Tabletennis11 put discount on celero wood and reviews on this blade start popping. Please guys, someone give a detailed review.
I see that rokphish had a bad experience, still let's see what others have got to say .

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
That is a big discount from Tabletennis11

This user has no status.
Best to wait for some feedback from someone who has played with the blade. This is a 5.5mm thick blade with limba outers, and Stiga place it below the Infinity for speed. Rok found some very heavy examples here which could be the cause, and some information is better than none (interesting to hear that Stiga are still joining top plies together), but still. I'd expect it to be slower and less stiff than your Carbotec.

I've got one on the way this week.
I want it to be less stiff with more flex that my Carbotec and since Tabletennis11 has a discount on this blade, i wanted to try it out

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I want it to be less stiff with more flex that my Carbotec and since Tabletennis11 has a discount on this blade, i wanted to try it out

On paper, it should be less stiff than your Carbotec. I haven't used the Carbotec (and I can't find good info on how thick it is), but people do say that it's faster than a Waldner Senso Carbon, and the Celero is a 5-ply all wood, 5.5mm thickness. As a guesstimate it should be quite a bit slower and less stiff, but can't say for sure until I've used it.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Waiting for more reviews....! (see if this is a upgrade to my offensive classic).

This user has no status.
On paper, it should be less stiff than your Carbotec. I haven't used the Carbotec (and I can't find good info on how thick it is), but people do say that it's faster than a Waldner Senso Carbon, and the Celero is a 5-ply all wood, 5.5mm thickness. As a guesstimate it should be quite a bit slower and less stiff, but can't say for sure until I've used it.
Yes on paper thats what its supposed to be like but dont know for sure if i should get it or not

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Just got a Cpen Celero and play for a day. Glued with Airoc both sides. Does not feel heavy but indeed it is, total weight is 195g, the same weight as my Eternity with H3 and Rising Dragon. I believe it is the thinness of Celero that gives me the wrong impression. It is thin even for a 5 ply, only 5.6mm in thickness.

From my brief experience, it feels hard with little flex. No unwanted vibration. Typical Stiga wood blade characteristic. Easy to generate power and makes a loud click in hard stroke. Enough spin and dwell. Love it more than Eternity in the first day. Speed is about average for a 5 ply all wood as expected.

But the seller must hate me for some reason :( . See how they glue my rubber when I ask them to put black on FOREHAND with 0.5cm gap. :confused:

celero.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Mine arrived yesterday. 89g, ST handle (Classic).

The quality is OK. Handle is good, metal labels are nice. The core has a join (not a real problem - lots of manufacturers do this), and so has the top ply (about 2 inches in from one edge, on both sides of the blade (I'm not a fan of this though - looks ugly and I worry about the durability of Stiga's top plies without any additional potential weaknesses). I don't like the shape of the wings, so if I keep it I'll have to sand them down to give my fingers more room. I'll use it tomorrow night for the first time.