Stiga Celero Wood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
All those mentioned are not necessarily bad things, aside from the joined top ply.

And that's more of a visual thing. You were bang on the money really - it's definitely an off- blade. Good touch and feel in the short game but it gets fast with a bit more effort. I know Stiga place this below the Infinity for speed but from memory I'd say the Celero is a bit faster overall.

And now i got mixed feelings if i should get it or not...

This is going to be a personal thing for you to decide. I prefer my 5-ply woods to be a bit slower than this, but that's me. I'll probably put this one on ebay in the next few weeks unless someone wants to offer me £30 for it here.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
And that's more of a visual thing. You were bang on the money really - it's definitely an off- blade. Good touch and feel in the short game but it gets fast with a bit more effort. I know Stiga place this below the Infinity for speed but from memory I'd say the Celero is a bit faster overall.

This is going to be a personal thing for you to decide. I prefer my 5-ply woods to be a bit slower than this, but that's me. I'll probably put this one on ebay in the next few weeks unless someone wants to offer me £30 for it here.
If you want to sell it, i would be glad to buy it..tell me your price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I really didn't want to like this blade (my anti-Stiga bias is showing, I know), but it has grown on me in the last few sessions. The wings are still intrusive for me, but beyond that it plays really well and has a mix of characteristics that suit my game a lot. It has a predictable short game with good feel, but a surprisingly high power delivery after that. Sure, overall it's off-. But it packs a lot of punch for a thin 5-ply with good solidity and feel. Coming from an ALL+ blade it felt like a bit too much initially, but then I tried Hybrid K1 on the FH and wow - an incredible fit for me. Super smooth and linear with enough punch over the table and enough snap when brush looping. I'm struggling to think of another 5-ply that plays like this actually, so Stiga may have come up with something a bit different from the norm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I really didn't want to like this blade (my anti-Stiga bias is showing, I know), but it has grown on me in the last few sessions. The wings are still intrusive for me, but beyond that it plays really well and has a mix of characteristics that suit my game a lot. It has a predictable short game with good feel, but a surprisingly high power delivery after that. Sure, overall it's off-. But it packs a lot of punch for a thin 5-ply with good solidity and feel. Coming from an ALL+ blade it felt like a bit too much initially, but then I tried Hybrid K1 on the FH and wow - an incredible fit for me. Super smooth and linear with enough punch over the table and enough snap when brush looping. I'm struggling to think of another 5-ply that plays like this actually, so Stiga may have come up with something a bit different from the norm.

Sounds like a keeper then Andy :cool:

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The wings are still intrusive for me....

When I used to like the affordability of Stiga blades like the Tube Allround, Allround Evolution, Clipper, I got in the habit of filing the wings so the felt good to my hand. I still do it with most blades even though nothing has as sharp and nasty an edge as a new Stiga blade.

a9c2fa4200a20471a473fdf4fabf250c.jpg

If you can see it in the photo, I've done that to all four wings on my OSP V+ even though it was sort of smooth and way smoother than a Stiga blade. Took 5 min with a wood file.

If I can remember, when I get home I will photo the file that works the best for me.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
When I used to like the affordability of Stiga blades like the Tube Allround, Allround Evolution, Clipper, I got in the habit of filing the wings so the felt good to my hand. I still do it with most blades even though nothing has as sharp and nasty an edge as a new Stiga blade.

Yeah, this is definitely what I would have to do if I was going to keep it. It's quite uncomfortable for me, and not just because the edges are super-sharp. The wings just protrude too much. I did use it for a few sessions, and I'm still a bit amazed at how well a 5ply all wood blade this thin works with tacky rubber, but the speed is a bit too much for me with eurojap on the BH and I don't really want to start another search off on that wing. Probably destined for the ebay pile after all.

Sounds like a keeper then Andy :cool:

Ha ha. "Keeper"? Never heard of the word. I'm not known for my EC (equipment commitment). I do like to make up new acronyms from time to time though.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ha ha. "Keeper"? Never heard of the word. I'm not known for my EC (equipment commitment). I do like to make up new acronyms from time to time though.

No EC = EJAPOI = EJ and proud of it. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have question to someone who have Celero Wood and Infinity. This two blades have the same shape of wings ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Andy, do you rate it as an Off minus blade or an off plus blade?

It's off- in my opinion, and is surprisingly stiff/hard considering the construction. I use a true all+ blade these days (gewo zoom balance) and the celero is noticeably faster. In no way can the celero be considered an all-round or slow blade, again IMO.

Reactions: Jaffar Lone