Stiga Celero Wood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Andy can you compare Celero Wood to Zoom Balance in terms of topspin play ?

Sure. Despite my Celero being 84g and the Zoom being 92g, and the Celero being quite a lot thinner, the Celero plays harder and stiffer. They both play a general topspin game really well, but the Zoom has more tolerance for errors simply because it's slower (and of course it generates less threat for the opponent). I find they both have a similar medium/high arc, a nice solid wood feel. The Celero has more power in the medium gears and can take you by surprise when you start driving in earnest, and as such it works better when further away from the table than the Zoom, which needs more effort (esp with lower catapult rubbers).

The Zoom is essentially a well-made, well-priced, chinese-made variation on the Primorac/Powerwood theme. The Celero is harder to pigeonhole, but the best I can say is that it reminds me of a supercharged version of the older Tibhar Samsonov Alpha (not the new junky one with the blue handle). They're both good blades in their own right, but I don't need the extra speed the Celero has with my current rubber selection.

Reactions: PiZa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Celero vs Lebesson

Can anyone compare the Stiga Celero wood to the Tibhar Lebesson? They seem to have the some wood composition (limba - mahogoni - ayous) so I was wondering what the difference is except for the Celero being a lot more expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Can anyone compare the Stiga Celero wood to the Tibhar Lebesson? They seem to have the some wood composition (limba - mahogoni - ayous) so I was wondering what the difference is except for the Celero being a lot more expensive.
I have both this blades. What exactly You want to know ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I have both this blades. What exactly You want to know ?

1. Speed, which one is faster
2. Flex, which blade has the most flex
3. Hardness. Which blade is harder
4. Wood composition, can you confirm that the layers are more or less the same. Limba, mahogoni, ayous.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
At the beginning i mark that both my blades weight 86 g. Differences between both blades are very small. Celero have standard head dimensions 157x150 where Lebesson is 154x150.

1. Speed : Lebesson > Celero
2. Flex is equal for me
3. Hardness : Lebesson => Celero

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

Here You have wood structure comparison. For me in Lebesson second layer is mahogani but in Celero i'm not sure what kind of wood it is.

Attachments

• DSC00823.jpg
    DSC00823.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
At the beginning i mark that both my blades weight 86 g. Differences between both blades are very small. Celero have standard head dimensions 157x150 where Lebesson is 154x150.

1. Speed : Lebesson > Celero
2. Flex is equal for me
3. Hardness : Lebesson => Celero

View attachment 18712

View attachment 18714

Here You have wood structure comparison. For me in Lebesson second layer is mahogani but in Celero i'm not sure what kind of wood it is.

Thanks PiZa for the explanation and pictures!
When reading about the blades I got the impression that the Celero would be a little faster and harder than the Lebesson but according to you it is the other way around thus Lebesson being faster and harder.

Looking at thickness I get te impression that both blades are very similar in thickness (5.6 mm), outer ply (limba) en inner ply (ayous). Only the 2nd ply really differs. If the Lebesson is mahogani than the Celero might be walnut looking at the cooler although that might not make sense since walnut is usually considered harder and faster than mahogani.

Any other differences in playing characteristics you noticed?

says Hi TT Comunity!
Want to try the best blade ever had ? please try Tibhar VS Unlimited, if you look to have the fastest blade in your hands there you have it, but in all shots as well, this is simply amazing

So anyone tried out the new Stiga Celero Wood blade? If so how do you find it? In terms of speed, dwell time, spin and so on...