Really Stiga? Carbonado 245/290

This user has no status.
yea honestly I'd like to see how Stiga actually take their textreme carbon to the next level.
This seems like a new and cool idea but they aren't really trying.
Orr I might be wrong and that adding/reducing carbon actually changes the characteristics totally; creating a unique blade.
Well whatever it's not like I can buy all 6 blades and try them out.

Honestly these sort of blade development can scare people away from buying them because people usually only need 1 and they wouldn't know which one to buy. (some people are not that well off so buying a blade could be something people would want to treasure for a long time since they can last) :)

random rant

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 6 reviews
I actually don't see the problem. I think it's good that you can choose your own thickness of the carbon since from what I have heard and read the differnece is pretty big between the Carbonado 145 and Carbonado 45. Me personally don't like carbon blades that much but why complain when getting more to choose from? the Carbonados also seems like a working blade since many pros like, Li Xiaoxia, par Gerell and more are using them? Sure many will not have the money to try out all the blades but issn't that always the case? :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I actually don't see the problem. I think it's good that you can choose your own thickness of the carbon since from what I have heard and read the differnece is pretty big between the Carbonado 145 and Carbonado 45. Me personally don't like carbon blades that much but why complain when getting more to choose from? the Carbonados also seems like a working blade since many pros like, Li Xiaoxia, par Gerell and more are using them? Sure many will not have the money to try out all the blades but issn't that always the case? :(

The problem that there are people that don't want to spend a lot of time doing research about TT material. And when they want to buy a custom racket and open a catalogue, they are just stunned and don't know what to do.

Reactions: darnner123
This user has no status.
I think Stiga is doing something different, which they haven't done till now(butterfly is doing from quite a time). And I believe that this is good, by giving people variety in terms of quantity of carbon. This kind of adjustments are what you would see in most of the reviews,,, a little fast, or a little numb and so on. With 145, 45, 245, and of 90s, they have created a complete series of carbon blades.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Actually I was waiting for some carbonado with INNER fiber/carbon (closer to the core), that would be really interesting and new (not just more/less carbon), because I think nowadays blades with inner fiber are really trending, more and more pro's starts to use those.
This will be their 2017's project.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I want their next blade to have not 3 times, nor 4 times, rather exactly 3.14159265358979 times the amount of textreme. The can then call it the stiga pie-90 or the stiga pie-45.

But, I will settle for stiga log-90 and stiga log-45 as well, as long as they write it like:

stiga(x) = e^x for x=145, and stiga(x) = e^x for x=190.

Reactions: MegaZZ
i iusually like the blades with the 45 and not the 90 numbers but between the 245 and 290, i like the 290 better despite the low arc. it was a very stable blade when i used it. its like an innerforce blade but on steroids. the 45/90 were slow blades much like off-. the 290 and 245 are the real off+ blades in stiga's line of blades.

i iusually like the blades with the 45 and not the 90 numbers but between the 245 and 290, i like the 290 better despite the low arc. it was a very stable blade when i used it. its like an innerforce blade but on steroids. the 45/90 were slow blades much like off-. the 290 and 245 are the real off+ blades in stiga's line of blades.

Did you review the 245 or 290? What about the 45 and 90?