One Match

This user has no status.
Just One Match

Hello everyone, I hope your week is going well so far! :)

I had a thought, let's say you have one match of TT to watch and after that you cannot watch any more. If you could pick two players from anytime in history (in their prime!) to play against each other, who would you pick and why? Which match would be the most spectacular, or interesting? You can pick any two players, regardless of their gender or whether they played in the same era or not. It's not about who would win, but more about which game would be the best to watch!

I'm interested to hear your responses! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
Hello everyone, I hope your week is going well so far! :)

I had a thought, let's say you have one match of TT to watch and after that you cannot watch any more. If you could pick two players from anytime in history (in their prime!) to play against each other, who would you pick and why? Which match would be the most spectacular, or interesting? You can pick any two players, regardless of their gender or whether they played in the same era or not. It's not about who would win, but more about which game would be the best to watch!

I'm interested to hear your responses! :)

Very good question! Thinking well... I believe I would choose Waldner X Liu Guoliang. I know that there are some matches between them in youtube, but to watch each one at his peak level, live, in the playing venue... would be awesome for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Yecats Encerwal
This user has no status.
Very good question! Thinking well... I believe I would choose Waldner X Liu Guoliang. I know that there are some matches between them in youtube, but to watch each one at his peak level, live, in the playing venue... would be awesome for me!

Interesting! I thought Waldner would be a popular choice.

Personally, I think a great match would be Ryu Sung Min vs Xu Xin, both in their prime.

The footwork involved would be sensational.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
matchstick-vector-1516000.jpg

Wait, wut?

Seriously though, I wonder how Guo Yuehua vs Ma Lin would play out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Timo Boll vs Ma Long. On a good day Timo would beat anyone in his prime times, so I wonder if he could also beat ML in world championship form. Waldner vs any of the superstars today would be cool as well as his blocking style could still be very effective

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't have to think about it. The match has already happened. I would want to see this match. I wouldn't change a thing. I get that I am ignoring part of what this thread is about which is matching up guys you would want to see play each other. And without this match, I would not think, Kong Linghui vs Joo Se Hyuk. But that is just how it worked out. This is the matchup and the specific match I would want to see: Kong Linghui vs Joo Se Hyuk at the China Open in 2003:

Look how fast they both are. They both look like they are on crack. Look at how close the games are. How many games go to deuce. How the match goes right down to the wire. For me, this is the match.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
A peak upsidedowncarl vs a peak Yecats Encerwal would be fantastic :)

I had a few matches in mind, but they were of non-famous players, but you opened the doors now :)

I still haven't peaked yet, so me in 2 yrs vs you, Yecats, Shuki or JeffM -- instead of a 9 pts handicap, i will accept a 5 pts handicap :)

LOL at me!