World Junior Championships 2016

This user has no status.
why is it suprising?
The same team on both side that went to asian junior champ both had a 3-2 win

I guess it is always surprising when China loses in any tt game, specially team matchups. I didn't actually know they were beaten by Korea in Asian Juniors, but I always expect them to excel on international competitions.

It is like Brazil when it comes to football. Even after the 7 x 1 it would be a surprise for us to be beaten by Germany in any category. And the gaps of technique in football are way smaller than in TT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is how I see the boys teams
Korea can beat China
China can beat Japan
Japan can beat Korea

Chinese Taipei did really well to get bronze
Sad note that it is still Asian 4 (HK was 9 and with North Korea also 5-8), so making 3 non Asian team in 5-8, this isn't a good sign for the rest of the world

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
It is like Brazil when it comes to football. Even after the 7 x 1 it would be a surprise for us to be beaten by Germany in any category. And the gaps of technique in football are way smaller than in TT.

Sorry but i don't think this makes a lot of sense here.

The two sports are just two different to be compared.

And certainly I might be a little biased nationalwise, but in the case of football the german team has given the word 'team' its meaning IMO.
Everyone was fighting for each other and knew exactly the role he had to fulfill. They played very disciplinned and focussed and deserved that title 'cause none of the other 'teams' were functioning so well, IMHO.

Tabletennis might be played as a teamsport but it's nowhere like Football, Basketball and such where each player and actually the whole team has to function.
A bunch of individualists (no matter if each and everyone's a Star) just doesn't deserve the name 'Team'...

my 2 ¢

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I miss chinese Wang chuqin 16 years old talelent.Last year at age 15 was in semifinal.He could have played.
I think currently, you have to be on the B-Team to play this event and Wang is now on the A-Team. We will see if this year's results lead to a revision of that policy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I´m quite impressed that Cho Seungmin has made it to ALL THREE FINALS
[Emoji15]
but i believe for the Singles final this might be a little Advantage to Harimoto,´cause Harimoto isn´t in Mixed Doubles Final.

You raise a very good point.
this year, they mixed singles, doubles and mix doubles
On the evening before the final day, they players (cho and co) had to play non stop matches one after another
It was a bit ridicules, and even one of the Korean coaches said his boy double are very tired (match against Chinese Taipei). On of the Chinese Taipei boy (Huang) played 7 matches in that day, with 6 of them in the afternoon to evening. He played over 30+ games (as they were mostly out of 7)

So if you progress further in your doubles/xd, then you will get very tired.

The Cho I saw from 2nd last day and last day was very different. He had more energy in the last day. He could of easily got knocked out the day before due to the match fixtures - which some coaches found it very weird (normally finish all doubles and then start with singles), and not to mention the mind need to adjust from doubles strategy to singles...

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think currently, you have to be on the B-Team to play this event and Wang is now on the A-Team. We will see if this year's results lead to a revision of that policy.

Yes, i'm pretty certain I said that already.
Junior event, only B team players will get sent.
Ie, in 2015, what is the purpose of sending FZD (still 18 then) to a WJTTC - there is nothing to achieve there.

It is already pretty much common knowledge that CNT hardly send cadets or juniors to world event as they believe internal training during these world events is more beneficial.
I guess there is pro and cons, as counterparts from other countries will then have more international match experience.

I can tell you all for free that the CNT team at WJTTC all lack match experience and all played below par.
It as a weak team, but they all played below the standards. The crucial times, they were not able to execute quality shots

They is easily over 10 to 20 better players in the Chinese system that wasn't chosen, so it will be naive to think these juniors (result) is the future of Chinese TT.
There is a lot of "hidden" weapons still

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Sorry but i don't think this makes a lot of sense here.

The two sports are just two different to be compared.

And certainly I might be a little biased nationalwise, but in the case of football the german team has given the word 'team' its meaning IMO.
Everyone was fighting for each other and knew exactly the role he had to fulfill. They played very disciplinned and focussed and deserved that title 'cause none of the other 'teams' were functioning so well, IMHO.

Tabletennis might be played as a teamsport but it's nowhere like Football, Basketball and such where each player and actually the whole team has to function.
A bunch of individualists (no matter if each and everyone's a Star) just doesn't deserve the name 'Team'...

my 2 ¢

Correct, you can't compare team vs individual.
The 3 that lost to Korea at Asian juniors 3-2, also lost at WJTTC
Singles at Asian, those boys then did well
I read it as inconsistent performance.

I wonder if we will see these boys and girls again on the world stage.....

On girls side, Yuan Yuan was in both teams event (Asian and World), but did not play a single match. Singles, she lost pretty early too

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D