Recommendation for an out door table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hi Guys,This post is on behalf of my friend . She is a decent table tennis player around USATT ( 1600-1800 ) and wants to buy a table to keep in her patio . Her budget is around 500 dollars and she found the following table on sears website :

http://www.sears.com/joola-motion-outdoor-table-tennis-table/p-00666950000P?rrec=true

Wanted to get inputs from anybody who might have used this table . If you don't recommend this one, please advise if you have come across something better in that price range ....

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Unfortunately, I do not know of any quality table that will endure outside sun or moisture other than a fixed smooth concrete table with a metal net. Outdoor tables sound crappy and the bounce will not be true, and if it is used around kids and guests, they are gunna bang it up and beat it up pretty quick.

If it wont be used for art studio, German fest party dance, reenactment of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, ice pick revenge, or the development and test field for Jack the Ripper cutlery, you might get a few years out of it.

Just dont expect a lot of performance from it, don't fret over whether it costs 500 or 600, an outdoor table isn't much a value.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thank you Her Der ! :p
Unfortunately, I do not know of any quality table that will endure outside sun or moisture other than a fixed smooth concrete table with a metal net. Outdoor tables sound crappy and the bounce will not be true, and if it is used around kids and guests, they are gunna bang it up and beat it up pretty quick.

If it wont be used for art studio, German fest party dance, reenactment of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, ice pick revenge, or the development and test field for Jack the Ripper cutlery, you might get a few years out of it.

Just dont expect a lot of performance from it, don't fret over whether it costs 500 or 600, an outdoor table isn't much a value.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hi Guys,This post is on behalf of my friend . She is a decent table tennis player around USATT ( 1600-1800 ) and wants to buy a table to keep in her patio . Her budget is around 500 dollars and she found the following table on sears website :

http://www.sears.com/joola-motion-outdoor-table-tennis-table/p-00666950000P?rrec=true

Wanted to get inputs from anybody who might have used this table . If you don't recommend this one, please advise if you have come across something better in that price range ....

Hey TTMonster, why not try find a used centerfold table from one of your clubs nearby that they don't use and need anymore and get something like this here for it..

https://www.amazon.de/Kettler-Abdeckhaube-wettfest-für-Tischtennisplatten/dp/B000H64F9Y

It still would be exposed to moisture and changing temperature, and it probably won't last longer than a couple of years, but I guess that might be a little cheaper and you'd still have a (quite) regular bounce to be able to practice a little (at least in the beginning).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks Suga D. I would probably do the same , I will tell my friend . The thing is I don't know if any of the clubs nearby would sell their tables for less than 500 dollars, but I agree its worth a try. My friend was saying that she wants primarily wants to practice serves, and sometimes have friends over, and I think it makes sense to have a proper table .

Hey TTMonster, why not try find a used centerfold table from one of your clubs nearby that they don't use and need anymore and get something like this here for it..

https://www.amazon.de/Kettler-Abdeckhaube-wettfest-für-Tischtennisplatten/dp/B000H64F9Y

It still would be exposed to moisture and changing temperature, and it probably won't last longer than a couple of years, but I guess that might be a little cheaper and you'd still have a (quite) regular bounce to be able to practice a little (at least in the beginning).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I know that the Cornilleau outdoor tables that I have played on were decent. But those were
something like $1500.00-$2000.00. I don't really know about outdoor tables besides that.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks Carl !
I know that the Cornilleau outdoor tables that I have played on were decent. But those were
something like $1500.00-$2000.00. I don't really know about outdoor tables besides that.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
I was thinking about an outdoor table too, because my house is very small or tight space fr a table to be played on or even practice, and it is also difficult for me to invite many inside my house for play, so i was thinking about that outdoor table as well.

I have a friend who has an outdoor table as he told me, and he said the bounce and sound is crappy, but it is a fun if needed to play outdoor 90%, and i was thinking/planning to make that table surface from mdf or kind of wood but i know it will cost me more than a ready table, he told me that they cover their table all the time off playing.

Is it worth if i buy very cheap table to use it outdoor so even if it damaged then it is not a big lose? I saw some tables in about US$250-400.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I think Suga D has the best advise , Tareq if you can find a 2nd hand table at cheap price from one of the clubs and buy a nice little cover so that you can roll the table into your garage or some room after playing outdoors it will be just perfect !
I was thinking about an outdoor table too, because my house is very small or tight space fr a table to be played on or even practice, and it is also difficult for me to invite many inside my house for play, so i was thinking about that outdoor table as well.

I have a friend who has an outdoor table as he told me, and he said the bounce and sound is crappy, but it is a fun if needed to play outdoor 90%, and i was thinking/planning to make that table surface from mdf or kind of wood but i know it will cost me more than a ready table, he told me that they cover their table all the time off playing.

Is it worth if i buy very cheap table to use it outdoor so even if it damaged then it is not a big lose? I saw some tables in about US$250-400.

This user has no status.
I don't have that king of garage, but i just only have that Aluminium shade for cars parking which only giving shade from top but open all around, it protect from rain anyway and from most of the sun lights.

For now i don't plan to buy another table just for outdoor, no people around to do so, and i finally got a key to the table tennis room in the local club so i can go there and invite there instead of my house.

Reactions: ttmonster