Extreme excessive screaming by Harimoto

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You might have hit the nail on the head Tony. Could be , and just guessing , that his coaches have seen is super negative body language after losing points and have pushed him to yell when he wins , a case of trying to straighten the dog's tail :p
It has nothing to do with fatigue

When he wins points, he yells
when he doesn't win points, he is very very very very very quiet with a very very very very negative body language/expression (this got to do with his age)

He also doesn't yell after winning game point or match point, so to me, his yelling is more tactical than oppose to emotional as most players will yell after securing game or match point

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I forgot to mention, other than the yelling, he also fist both hands into the air while looking into the sky/ceiling.
at times, it will feel like he will fall backwards :p
I think that is more annoying than the yelling

And also, game/match point he won't do that - unless it was the final when he just fell down to the floor

This user has no status.
I am waiting to see if his sister will yell as loud as her older brother.
She is 8 and finished 2nd in the national championships in 2016 in her "bambi" category

What on earth is that grip of the other kid in this video? I think I have never seen that one before... Looks like some drunk reverse penhold variant. Is this the new ultimate tabletennis hipster in the making? :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
What on earth is that grip of the other kid in this video? I think I have never seen that one before... Looks like some drunk reverse penhold variant. Is this the new ultimate tabletennis hipster in the making? :rolleyes:

Its called katana penhold :D

This user has no status.
Jetlag??
[Emoji15]
Are you serious? The time difference from Doha to Capetown is +1 hour.
It's not like flying from Tokyo to Capetown...

sorry jet lag is the wrong term. I meant the detrimental effects of travelling, its 12000km from Cpt to Doha plus he played 3 or 4 events at World Junior and made it far in all of them.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
sorry jet lag is the wrong term. I meant the detrimental effects of travelling, its 12000km from Cpt to Doha plus he played 3 or 4 events at World Junior and made it far in all of them.

3-11,6-11,2-11,5-11
He got 16 points vs 44 points
there is nothing to yell about - fatigue or not

This user has no status.
When asked "Womit kann ein Gegner Sie provozieren?", which I translate as (and please correct me if I'm wrong) "How can an opponent provoke you?", Timo Boll replied:

94957.jpg

The rest of the interview can be found here.
Timo is such an awesome dude.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
When asked "Womit kann ein Gegner Sie provozieren?", which I translate as (and please correct me if I'm wrong) "How can an opponent provoke you?", Timo Boll replied:

View attachment 14381

The rest of the interview can be found here.
Timo is such an awesome dude.

Well translated!
Thank you. This made me laugh hard
[Emoji23]