Rubber warmer by Donic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
In Germany the Federation issued a paper stating that treating the rubbers with heat is a physical treatment and therefore not allowed.
63349963.jpg
2401182194_0b34d83f79.jpg
funny-cat-pics-whut.jpg
image.jpg

I don't know any umpire that would be checking on this and i know a few.

Tiny's right, if you interpret the rules strictly none of these things would be allowed. Neither rubber cleaner nor armpit warming or anything else.
But everyone knows that ain't nothing but bs.

In other words: thanks for the information, but i don't give a flyin' eff.

Our practice hall can be quite cold at times and my rubbers even get a little moist once in a while.
And these freaks want me to not warm up my rubbers to avoid slippiness?
This is not like taking steroids or something.

This is neither acceptable nor negotiatable!

Sorry for ranting, but this really grinds my gears.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
okay, my "HERO" case has finally arrived. These are my first impressions:

unfortunately it took a little longer than expected and i just received it last wednesday. So i just had the chance to test it out twice. But i´m actually very satisfied with my purchase. It´s very easy to use. Just put the heat packs in the microwave for not longer than a minute and you´re good to go... :)
The rubbers felt much more alive and didn´t have anymore moisture issues. Hence i was able to spin the living daylights out of these balls with those warmed up rubbers....
Probably you can get away cheaper than that by just purchasing the heat packs and use a racket case you already have, but i needed a new case anyway, so that was two birds with one stone :)

Hope this was helpful. Otherwise feel free to ask me for more Details. (but actually i can´t think of any...)

Reactions: Jirrex
says what [IMG]

unfortunately it took a little longer than expected and i just received it last wednesday. So i just had the chance to test it out twice. But i´m actually very satisfied with my purchase. It´s very easy to use. Just put the heat packs in the microwave for not longer than a minute and you´re good to go... :)
The rubbers felt much more alive and didn´t have anymore moisture issues. Hence i was able to spin the living daylights out of these balls with those warmed up rubbers....
Probably you can get away cheaper than that by just purchasing the heat packs and use a racket case you already have, but i needed a new case anyway, so that was two birds with one stone :)

Hope this was helpful. Otherwise feel free to ask me for more Details. (but actually i can´t think of any...)
How much of that is placebo and how much is reality? :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
How much of that is placebo and how much is reality? :p

Oh right. Dr. Archo with his long time experience has something to bring to the table!
Maybe just stop trolling and make sure your brain´s working before you post, Young one!

Listen wise guy, it´s basically a matter of physics, and rubber behaves in cold temperature differently to warm temperatures... so how much placebo can it be, especially if i don´t have to wipe my rubbers every few minutes plus one is able to feel the difference with ease. Well.... maybe you´ll feel it in a couple of years, smartboy!!!

EDIT: i really don't understand your post, Arch.
Especially after you've wrote this before....

Like @laistrogian said, heat is good for rubber.

In terms of automobile tire rubber in race cars, you really don't want to be pushing the limits of what they can do when cold. It will cause tearing and other such damage. After a few laps around a standard 2 minute course, pushing hard on cold tires, especially if you slide them excessively, their maximum grip and usable life will really go down.

I doubt that table tennis rubber works exactly like high performance slick tires do. However I really could see it extending shelf life and performance, if they were heated up.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015

Very nice! How long did the heat last for?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Very nice! How long did the heat last for?

Thanks.
[Emoji2]
The heat packs were still heated up when i came back home after three hours.
The describtion says somewhat between four and five hours, but this i cannot confirm yet, since i went to sleep after practice. But i can try to find out tomorrow and will keep you posted.

Really looking forward to your review of the Donic rubber warmer though.
[Emoji106]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Thanks.
[Emoji2]
The describtion says somewhat between four and five hours, but this i cannot confirm yet, since i went to sleep after practice. But i can try to find out tomorrow and will keep you posted.

[Emoji106]

I'm also interested to get to know more about this HERO advantage, because most of the times I take my bicycle to go to the club. I like to get warmed up from the bicycle ride. It's an 8km ride, so in the winter the racket gets exposed to some cold.

Keep us posted :)

Reactions: Boogar and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Thanks.
[Emoji2]

[Emoji106]

Well, Donic Japan has posted a dedicated web page for the rubber warmer:
http://www.donic.jp/rubberwarmer/

Important information:
1) Release date is mid-Jan
2) Price is 9,800 yen (excl.batteries)
3) Warmth last for aprrox. 30 mins
4) Prevents dew
5) Up to 25% inclease in rebound distance measured in drop test

Spin is not mentioned probably because it's harder to measure. Not sure why it's coming out before Germany but looking at the test results, it might be developped locally hence the limited budget on R&D. Price is a bit steep but I guess it lasts longer than a sheet of Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, Donic Japan has posted a dedicated web page for the rubber warmer:
http://www.donic.jp/rubberwarmer/

Important information:
1) Release date is mid-Jan
2) Price is 9,800 yen (excl.batteries)
3) Warmth last for aprrox. 30 mins
4) Prevents dew
5) Up to 25% inclease in rebound distance measured in drop test

Spin is not mentioned probably because it's harder to measure. Not sure why it's coming out before Germany but looking at the test results, it might be developped locally hence the limited budget on R&D. Price is a bit steep but I guess it lasts longer than a sheet of Tenergy.

Thanks for sharing this. Sounds pretty interesting. Just finished reading through the website. Google-translate has been helping here, but it took a little and some things probably got lost in translation. Too bad i can't read and speak japanese.

It might be a little more expensive than my case but i guess at the same time it's gonna last a little longer than my case with heatpacks. And i'm not sure how often the heatpacks can be reheated. I really like my case and it's doing its job quite well, but compared to that Donic thingy mine looks a little 'caveman-ish'...
[Emoji2]

This sure looks way more like hi-tec compared to mine... I also like that the heat can be better controlled than with mine, although the heat from the warmed up racket probably lasts just as long as with my case.

Probably Donic Germany didn't get involved, because of what 'Liquid-Sky' has written and maybe they don't want to be held responsible in encouraging people to be breaking rules.
At least it wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the reasons for them, because most people here are following rules.
One reason why you hardly find any german TT-Store selling Booster. There are a few that do so, but they are quite rare.... Not everyone's an AtL....
[EMOJI12]
Nah.... Just jokin'. I don't know the reasons, but it actually would be nice to know.

However, it also would be interesting to know how often the battery pack of the rubber warmer can be recharged. I believe it might last longer than that case of mine...

I'm also interested to get to know more about this HERO advantage, because most of the times I take my bicycle to go to the club. I like to get warmed up from the bicycle ride. It's an 8km ride, so in the winter the racket gets exposed to some cold.

Keep us posted :)

Oh, i nearly forgot: the heat of the case lasted about 4 hours. But like usual i also took my bike to ride to the club and since it was pretty cold yesterday, that could have had some influence on that. Just to make sure, I'll try to think of taking my car next time...

But as i wrote in my previous post, you could probably get away cheaper by using something like these here:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0157...36_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=handwärmer+pads

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Thanks for sharing this. Sounds pretty interesting. Just finished reading through the website.

Sorry I couldn't find one in English. Graphs were done in images so it must be hard to grasp the contents fully.

I reckon heatpacks would do the job just as well, being able to heat it up in microwave and built in case is big advantage over Donic's.

I wondered about it too, hardly any Japanese boosts either so I'd say Donic Japan has already cleared it up with ITTF. I will ask Donic Japan atht the Nationals next month. Failing that, I'll ask my local shop owner.

Any battery pack can be used as long as it has micro USB connector so I guess it depends on the pack.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I also have the Hero case, but the Donic warmer looks much better in my eyes.
During a training-session it`s not the best choice, because the temperature gets lower during the practice,
but in a competition game there is no problem. Normally you play your game and then you have a break,
because the next players start. Time enough to warm up your rubbers again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 6 reviews
I also have the Hero case, but the Donic warmer looks much better in my eyes.
During a training-session it`s not the best choice, because the temperature gets lower during the practice,
but in a competition game there is no problem. Normally you play your game and then you have a break,
because the next players start. Time enough to warm up your rubbers again.

Yes but it doesn't sound so good to practice with one type of rubber and than play matches with a faster rubber?

This user has no status.
I have seen these and liked the idea and decided to make my own.
using my existing donic case and modified it with heating pads I purchased.
They are fitted both sides of the case and run on 12v with cigarette lighter adaptor.
i have a 12v Milwaukee power port I plug it into to keep it mobile.
it reaches 45 deg c in 3 mins so very fast warm up.
IMG_0320.jpg IMG_0322.jpg

This user has no status.
I got them from ebay, they were originally USB powered but found I couldn't make them get hot enough with USB power and didn't work at all with a USB power bank. So I have rewired them to run 12v and I can use it on the go. One 3 amp Milwaukee 12v battery will last one hour non stop. I haven't had a chance to use it in a match as of yet, but I think I would only need to heat the bat 10 minutes before each game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I have seen these and liked the idea and decided to make my own.
using my existing donic case and modified it with heating pads I purchased.
They are fitted both sides of the case and run on 12v with cigarette lighter adaptor.
i have a 12v Milwaukee power port I plug it into to keep it mobile.
it reaches 45 deg c in 3 mins so very fast warm up.
View attachment 11686 View attachment 11687

This is simply amazing. Very well done.
Good job

Last edited: