best equipment for chinese style loop

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
@ Carl which comment was that. As for best rubber for a Chinese Style of play you'd want either DHS Skyline 3 or Hurricane 3 for Shakehand and Skyline 2 for Cpen. For the Backhand you would want something with a good high throw and some great speed and spin. Tenergy 05 or 64 are great backhand rubbers, but I personally don't like 25 or 25 fx on the backhand. It just doesn't seem to play very well for me. My Style mimics both Wang Liqin and Ma Long. I find their techniques to be the strongest.

As for a blade you want something that is suitable for you typically an Off to Off+ wood blade or an Off Carbon blade. I personally like flexible but sturdy blades. I find custom blades work best for me. I will let you know when I get 2 new ones in about it. If it works out well I will be promoting and selling them for a friend who hand crafts them. The great thing about his work is that he can make dual identical blades that will play the exact same. He does this by buying sheets of wood that can be cut into 2 blades giving them the exact same wood cores, composites, and plys. He's really great at it.

But back to what you were asking. Check out the pictures of what the Chinese are using. They are all great rubber and blade combinations.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@ Carl which comment was that.

Funny, you read the quote and made a comment on it. And yet you don't seem to remember.

Every player is different. You cannot just say that one piece of equipment will be the best thing for everybody. Wang Hao and Ma Lin used different blades and rubbers. And NEITHER OF THEM use a FAST BLADE. !!!!!!!

Some people like Tenergy, some like Blue Whale 2 or 3. Some like Hurricane and some like Skyline. There is no such thing as one piece of equipment being best for everyone.

I know some penhold players who swear by one-ply Hinoki blades like the Darker Speed 90. I have felt those, they feel great for playing penhold. None of the penhold players in the top 10 use a one ply Hinoki blade though. And each of them uses something different than the others. Rosewood, Ma Lin Extra, Hurricane Hao (or is it a Stiga Clipper or something else).

We are not robots and a lot of this is really about personal preference rather than correctness. And a good player can really play with almost anything.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I have to agree with Carl. It is quite true. You can loop BH or FH depending how you adapt. I have a team mate who uses Xiom Vega Pro on his Sardius blade, but he couldn't do a low throw power spin powerful enough. I did not have a problem with the hs bat when I tried it.
I'm using Stiga Optimum Carbo with Stiga Calibra LT Plus, a very hard rubber, and all my team mates can easily do power spin with it. But they couldn't figure out how I can continuously loop heavy back spin, coz they find it almost impossible to do it consistently. So I think it's just down to preference and how much you are willing to adapt technically.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
@ Carl I had made that post before I found the Euro thread. But as to what you're saying here, I wasn't saying there was equipment that is the best for everyone. I was saying everyone should practice with a cheap rubber that will help their strokes (personally I love the 729 AAA starter paddles as they're rated the highest for producing spin from dead balls). Once they've established a good stroke, footwork, and style they should move from there to something faster or a combo similar to their playing style. I've known players who've had the greatest success with this process. They bought some chinese/euro combos with a nice cheap 729 blade or what have you and then when they were producing the strokes properly they transitioned into whatever style they played like. One preferred JO's rubbers and blade. Another chose Timo's. And some of the chinese style players have chosen Ma Long and Wang Liqin's combos.

Obviously they'll not be able to get the exact same rubbers as the Chinese or quite possibly even the Euro pros (assuming people are still boosting or tuning "legally") but it's a far better route than to find a rubber that's rather expensive to help your game out when what is really needed is training technique.

Hopefully this is a better explanation of our past convo.