Rehabilitation of Zhang jike ( video )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
On December 6 according to the china media , Zhang jike had a foot injury in an entertainment program and it was the reason he pulled away from Swedish and Austrian open and recently this injury forced him to withdraw from grand final .
Now Zhang Jike is in a painful rehabilitation training . two hours a day . According to china's fitness coach if Zhang Jike keep these training every day with this pressure , he can come back to table tennis world after one month .

Here I've got a video of Zhang Jike 's Rehabilitation training :

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I'd found another photo of zjk in weibo that I shared in rare table tennis gifs and photos .
IMG_20161012_233840.jpg
But really ... I have no idea why he's got injury most of the time :(!!!!
any way ..Hope you like this post :eek:

Reactions: keenansouthall
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

I know this stuff couse I have same problem. Mostly it concerns the lumbar spine. To tell you the truth it is impossible to heal it. Once you got problems with that you can instal blocker but that will affect your movement ability (other words you cannot play TT at this level) or you can do exercises like you show on photos you attached but doing exercises can only make you inner muscles stronger and they keep spine in shape but they will also not heal it. So once you overtrain you will have problem again and again. So probably that means end of ZJK carrer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
from looking at how he played in the matches, I think his lumber spin and shoulder issues are not the ones that is debilitating at this point. As far as I remember , he took a long break just to heal those injuries.
But the freak injury to his ankle that he suffered while running away from his crazy fans is what is preventing him to play. Isn't that so ? I know some of the pictures above show them working on his lumbar area and shoulders but those are his old injuries is what I think

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
from looking at how he played in the matches, I think his lumber spin and shoulder issues are not the ones that is debilitating at this point. As far as I remember , he took a long break just to heal those injuries.
But the freak injury to his ankle that he suffered while running away from his crazy fans is what is preventing him to play. Isn't that so ? I know some of the pictures above show them working on his lumbar area and shoulders but those are his old injuries is what I think
yes they're mostly working on his ankle. as i know he played in olympic with this lumber spin problem and he had a good performance . I HOPE HE GETS BETTER DAY BY DAY . I really want to see him in WTTC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
According to ZJK himself, he stepped on a manhole cover on the road and twisted his ankle.
He is very likely to attend ATTC next month. I think he needs to prove himself (no more withdrawal) to LGL in order to get the WTTC ticket.