Nexy Karis

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I had another few hours using Karis M on FH with the new on Market RUBICON blade. I continue to be amazed at how many more shots I make and how well I handle topspin. I shouldn't be surprised, I know I make more shots the first week when I go to an ALL to ALL+ wood blade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I had another few hours using Karis M on FH with the new on Market RUBICON blade. I continue to be amazed at how many more shots I make and how well I handle topspin. I shouldn't be surprised, I know I make more shots the first week when I go to an ALL to ALL+ wood blade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
do you reccomend using an all wood or carbon/alc blade with the Karis rubbers

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I've read the review on it. How would you compare it to Evolution/MX-P/MX-S, Acuda Blue P2, Bluefire Jp 03/01Turbo?
Top end speed compared to spin.
I read the long Nexy "storry" on how they developed it. So bretty interesting.
I also wonder if TT11 will ever consider Nexy products. I think that would benefit both parts.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have the Nexy Rubicon with MX-P and Karis M. Low end of MX-P is way faster and top end of Karis M a gear slower. Top end of Karis M+ is similar. What Karis M does that convinced me to give up the MX-P ghost on FH is that with Karis M, I land more shots and they all trouble my opponents. My heavy spin is still there and now I deal with incoming topspin better.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For the record, I tried Karis plus on a fast carbon Nexy blade Hanibal and on the All-wood Kim Jung Hoon... works great on both, power to finish. The last few sessions with Karis M on the Rubicon have been very encouraging. I am tempted to use Karis M on FH. Maybe when I get my test blades back today I slap the M+ on the Kanaph and go full time Karis M on FH with my KJH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So my quick story with Karis:

I had read the Nexy President's rubber design history posts and was intrigued by Karis. When BH Man hinted it had arrived and he had stock, I order a couple in the harder sponge, M+. I used T80 on a Yasaka Extra (I have 4 or 5 of those YE blades) so I put Karis on to test. The first night, it played and blocked reasonably well, though my teammates for the Butterfly teams were worried that I Was testing rubbers so close to the teams. I played league matches with it and performed at my usual level, noting that the rubber was just less bouncy than T80 but had a very direct feeling - no easy spin like T80, no extra curve or arc like T80, but good spin and good control which I could use to adjust the power and the brush. So I ordered M to compare to M+ and I found that I played at least a well if not better with M. So I decided pretty quickly that I would be using Karis at the Butterfly Teams. Again, at the Butterfly Teams, I played at my usual level with it. The one thing I noted was that I had a lot more control with Karis, because it was much less bouncy than T80, which was a good thing. What it helped me realize was that I could probably use a faster blade than the Yasaka Extra with the Karis because I wasn't trying to negate the bounciness of my rubber with a slower blade any more.

So I tested Karis M+ on an Innerforce ALC. The next day, I struggled with dead balls in some matches at the league, but managed to beat a player in the league who I hadn't beaten in over a year and who is just hard to beat (someone actually congratulated me today for beating him, just to show you how hard it is). I then played some matches with other players in my club and I realized that while I could hit more powerful balls with M+ than M, the difference was marginal and that I was often much more consistent with the M. I then used both interchangeably but out the M on a classic Primorac wood. I used the M and the Primorac to beat a kid who I haven't beaten in tournament play in almost 3 years.

So what about the Karis M/M+ do I think helps? Consider that I Switched to an IF ALC + Karis M+ instead of a YE + T80 and one of my opponents said I had gone to a slower blade. That just shows you how much control the Karis has. I can push short, push long, push dead. The topsheet grip is topnotch and doesn't slip so I can counterloop without stressing out over whether the sheet will hold up or not. And the lack of bounciness and the control it gives just encourages me to learn how to do other things with my game.

Does this mean that this rubber is better than Tenergy? Who cares. It's really about what this rubber does for your game. The point is that you aren't going to get easy spin on short movements with this rubber. But if you have good technique, you will get good spin with sharp movements and you will be able to control the trajectory of larger movements better. It blocks very well and the topsheet feels hard, even on the M, so it takes some work to make the topsheet work. But if you have that technique, then it is easier to control for a lot of strokes than faster rubbers that react to shorter movements are. Which is the point that the Nexy CEO was making - high grip topsheets out of harmony with the sponge often sometimes lead to the ball being excessively pulled in a direction other than the direction of the stroke on harder shots. KAris generally as a compromise for not being as easy to spin with, tends to spin and hit the ball in more intuitively linear way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This sounds like my kind of rubber. I don't like the bouncy bouncy. How is it for putting spin on serves, Nextlevel?

I can serve with heavy spin with just about anything so I may be the wrong person to ask. When someone says that it is hard to serve with a rubber, I shake my head. I remember a rubber someone said was bad for serving that I had extra sheets of. I gifted those sheets to a world class server and he said the rubber was good for serving.

So for me it is good for serving. But that might not mean much to you. Thanks.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Next Level discuss "Better than Tenergy"... I always giggle at players who demand a rubber better than Tenergy at half its price. After what seems like 10 years, no company has come out with a rubber that plays exactly like Tenergy, that is the deal and it is remarkable.

Personally, I am like a lot of players who got totally thrown off when T05 went up in price like a rocket in 2012... made me look at alternatives and I never looked back.

What is distinctive about Karis M, is that a player with only a little adjustment and decently sound strokes can control the ball so well, stay in points, make quality shots they were not making before, return balls they were off before, and still have the spin, whether it is an opener or in counter topspin. I feel less powerful in a match with Karis M, but I over the course of a match, I make more plays and stay in the point on more of them given pretty much similar tactics and strokes without changing a whole lot purposely.

Evolution gave me the top end power and spin I wanted, but I have been seeing the total results with Karis and I would be silly to ignore it.

This user has no status.
Next Level discuss "Better than Tenergy"... I always giggle at players who demand a rubber better than Tenergy at half its price. After what seems like 10 years, no company has come out with a rubber that plays exactly like Tenergy, that is the deal and it is remarkable.

Personally, I am like a lot of players who got totally thrown off when T05 went up in price like a rocket in 2012... made me look at alternatives and I never looked back.

What is distinctive about Karis M, is that a player with only a little adjustment and decently sound strokes can control the ball so well, stay in points, make quality shots they were not making before, return balls they were off before, and still have the spin, whether it is an opener or in counter topspin. I feel less powerful in a match with Karis M, but I over the course of a match, I make more plays and stay in the point on more of them given pretty much similar tactics and strokes without changing a whole lot purposely.

Evolution gave me the top end power and spin I wanted, but I have been seeing the total results with Karis and I would be silly to ignore it.
Funny, the reason I was holding back from buying a sheet is because I thought I would have less control due to the rubber being harder. But from what you are saying it sounds very controlled! I guess it is like Chinese rubbers but without the tackiness?

This user has no status.
I can serve with heavy spin with just about anything so I may be the wrong person to ask. When someone says that it is hard to serve with a rubber, I shake my head. I remember a rubber someone said was bad for serving that I had extra sheets of. I gifted those sheets to a world class server and he said the rubber was good for serving.

So for me it is good for serving. But that might not mean much to you. Thanks.
Btw, has anyone tried boosting it yet?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would be careful about boosting the Karis M, you get it too mushy and no feel if you over do it on a sponge that isn't hard.

The M+ might have better potential. I like how either plays right out of the package, even 2 weeks plus later.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Ray,

Karis is not a non tacky hard Chinese rubber. The way the pips are structured, designed, and glued make this a totally different rubber.

M+ shines on fast rallies hard struck balls, M on handling topspin and opening.

I'm convinced, I'll try it out