Viscaria blade

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
The Viscaria myth gets worse every month. Someone is selling an "old silver tag" on eBay for £485 at the moment. Old. Silver. Tag.

From J to N series, the tag is different from O P Q series with the new tag. Can you let me how you call it with old series ones in English? Thanks for pointing out.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yes, the tag changed recently. My personal opinion is that the newest ones (P, Q) are often better than L - N. The best one I have is an I. That one has a black tag. Anyway the term "old silver tag" may be now meaningful but the blades are nothing special (compared to other Viscaria series). £485???? Insane. Bananas. Wombat mad. Deranged. Demented. Misanthropic. Criminal.

Let me guess. A dude named Andrei from London?

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2015
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Let me guess. A dude named Andrei from London?

Not this time! I did expect that when I saw the listing, but it's coming from Bath. I think it might be someone else on this very thread.

The Viscaria Myth is pretty interesting in itself. Obviously it's a popular blade, and original ST handles are super rare, and then we have the separate phenomenon of the Black Tag, so combined together we have Old Black Tag ST Viscarias carrying a massive premium (far more than, say, Schlager Carbon Black Tags).

But now Butterfly have changed their tags (and introduced the hologram insert), we suddenly have Old Silver Tag. Will we have this every time Butterfly change something? A new category, with a new invented premium price? Now we have an L-series with box for almost £500? It's just opportunistic nonsense.

And coming from the other direction, we have road who can guarantee, errr, something about the new version while adding a premium of his own. Good build quality? Protection against forgery? What? Just buy from your local BTY dealer for less.

There is an amazing bubble around the Viscaria. It seems to have a life of its own.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
The newest ones are good No need to pay $600

I don't know what these people do when they buy these old black tag viscaria for like $350 or something. Do they even play with it? I still remember being upset for the whole day knowing I damaged my MJ SZLC that I bought.

I probably would be upset again if I damage my MJ ZLC. Good thing I don't do dumb stuffs that damage my blade these days

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I actually play with mine, but I bought it used before the mania. I only paid $180, which at the time I thought was crazy but what the hell, it was what I was looking for and I got really really lucky on that blade.

Reactions: NextLevel