Difference between Hurricane Long 5, Viscaria, Nittaku acoustic carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
My coach has recommended the following blades, i usually just buy what he tells me to buy, but he decided to let me choose between these 3 blades. The blades will be paired with tenergy 05 or hurricane 3 provincial on FH and tenergy 80 on BH; i play at a national level. I would like to know the difference between these blades in terms of spin, speed, as well as, blocking characteristics, feel of the ball, looping, and counter looping. Thank you for your time!

Edit: Also, how do they play close and far away from the table?

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
My coach has recommended the following blades, i usually just buy what he tells me to buy, but he decided to let me choose between these 3 blades. The blades will be paired with tenergy 05 or hurricane 3 provincial on FH and tenergy 80 on BH; i play at a national level. I would like to know the difference between these blades in terms of spin, speed, as well as, blocking characteristics, feel of the ball, looping, and counter looping. Thank you for your time!

Edit: Also, how do they play close and far away from the table?

Hi America from the UK :). If you look around among chinese pros, forehand oriented players all use Long 5 or a variant, backhand oriented players use viscaria. I think the acoustic carbon is a different animal. Great feeling, but suits a different style. hth.

Reactions: BeGo