Benefits of using softer rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi guys,
I am wondering if soft rubbers are good for forehand. I have Bluefire M3 for my backhand, which is seen as a soft rubber, and it's amazing for my backhand. But I'm using M2 on my forehand but I don't seem to like. Would it be beneficial for me to go to a softer rubber? And which soft rubbers, with a high throw angle, would you guys recommend?

Thanks.

~Dhaen~

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Hi guys,
I am wondering if soft rubbers are good for forehand. I have Bluefire M3 for my backhand, which is seen as a soft rubber, and it's amazing for my backhand. But I'm using M2 on my forehand but I don't seem to like. Would it be beneficial for me to go to a softer rubber? And which soft rubbers, with a high throw angle, would you guys recommend?

Thanks.

~Dhaen~

what don't you like about m2 on your forehand? can you not feel the ball because it's a little harder?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Softer rubbers are easier to get the proper "topsheet sponge racket" Contact that you should have on all shots....hence why they are often used on the backhand. However on the forehand they often bottom out because of a harder swing....

Try it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeGo
Serving and short returns may be more difficult. But I do think it is wise to start softer and gradually get harder and faster. I don't know what a good progression would be though. Don't think sticking to Donic would be a bad idea though. To avoid ej, I stick to a time plan/overall strategy. I still think I'm pretty ej, but tacky rubbers need replacing...