What do you people do to motivate yourselfes to break limits every session?

This user has no status.
This is my way! It´s a simple whiteboard with markers. Not perfect but it gets me hyped enough to train hard. Please share your methods/reasons/etc.

Peace!

14813232_10154592953979030_335894459_o.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I usually have enough motivation to practice hard, but if I do not, I watch some highlights or tribute videos: they are extremely exciting and motivating. I like to observe emotions of players when they win a big point or an important match, it is just so energizing.

Something like that :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I ****ing love to play! Thats my motivation!
What i need motivation for is fitness training aside the playing. For that I usually watch videos like the ones posted above :)

Yeeees! Fitness training is as boring as... Not sure if highlights videos help, gotta try it next time, thanks for the idea :)

This user has no status.
I ****ing love to play! Thats my motivation!
What i need motivation for is fitness training aside the playing. For that I usually watch videos like the ones posted above :)

Whats the deal with the whiteboard? DO you draw on it every time you need motivation?

No I look at it everytime and remind myself why i drew that.

This user has no status.
fitness training I can understand , playing table tennis or practicing , I cannot ... If you need to motivate yourself to do something you are supposed to love doing, may be you should be better off doing something else ?

Ah maybe i expressed myself wrong( sorry for that) It is not the motivation for playing Tt i seek ( hell i could play for 8 hours straight 7 days a week if i were given the chance) but the motivation for going that extra mile while practicing like even though everything hurts you still go for that multiball or counterloop exercise

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You guys really just need to go on a TT mission with Der-Echte! That is the best motivation.

I met up with him one time. He had 2 hours sleep. The day before he had driven 8 hours to Boston. That day he had driven 4 hours from Boston to NYC.

As soon as he heard the sound of Ping Pong balls being smacked around, IT WAS GAME ON!!!!! hahahahahhaaaaaaa

He played like a madman. Hehe.

And he sure knows how to get a whole club full of people he's never met before whooping it up and having a blast.

And if there is ever a chicken and beer bet on the line in a mini tourney or match, he plays 3 levels higher than his normal amped up level. Hahaha.

Last time at the Korean club he was saying stuff in Korean that none of us understood. But he sure had all the Koreans in the club laughing so hard their bellies hurt.

It's an act that has to be seen in person. No words could explain how psyched up he gets himself to play. And how fun he is to be around when table tennis is in the mix.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
You guys really just need to go on a TT mission with Der-Echte! That is the best motivation.

I met up with him one time. He had 2 hours sleep. The day before he had driven 8 hours to Boston. That day he had driven 4 hours from Boston to NYC.

As soon as he heard the sound of Ping Pong balls being smacked around, IT WAS GAME ON!!!!! hahahahahhaaaaaaa

He played like a madman. Hehe.

And he sure knows how to get a whole club full of people he's never met before whooping it up and having a blast.

And if there is ever a chicken and beer bet on the line in a mini tourney or match, he plays 3 levels higher than his normal amped up level. Hahaha.

Last time at the Korean club he was saying stuff in Korean that none of us understood. But he sure had all the Koreans in the club laughing so hard their bellies hurt.

It's an act that has to be seen in person. No words could explain how psyched up he gets himself to play. And how fun he is to be around when table tennis is in the mix.

Too bad i didn't meet him while he was here back then...
:(
Sounds like it would have been a blast!
:)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Haha, the Hwak-Shilly-Chook-Yio yell before the kill shot for LULZ and forum glory.

I'm like everyone else, tt motivates me and Carl is right, I hear the ball bounce my mind quickly forgets I am tired. There is time to be tired tommarrow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk