Viscaria with Donic Acuda P1?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hi everybody

I am currently playing with Clipper Cr WRB. I have heard a lot of about Viscaria and really want to try it (my first butterfly blade)

However, one problem with Viscaria is that people recommend to use T05 on both sides - which are really expensive. I can effort T05, but thinking of replacing it every 4 months or something like that really hurts me. Haha.

I have played with Acuda P1 on my Clipper CR WRB for one month and I think it works well.

I am wondering if Acuda P1 works with Viscaria for both sides?

(If you do not think it will work. What are you suggestions for me? - I know there are many suggestions on this but they seem old)

My style is
Forehand: push in table, loop outside of the table
Backhand: push and flick inside the table, block/loop outside of the table
I have played for 3 years

Sorry for my English and thanks for reading!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
If you like P1 on the Clipper, you'll like it on the Viscaria. You might notice a slightly sharper feeling on impact and a bit less feedback in general, but that would be the case with any rubbers when you move from Clipper to Viscaria.

Thanks!
Could you please tell me more about changing from Clipper to Viscaria?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks!
Could you please tell me more about changing from Clipper to Viscaria?

There's a lot of info out there about both blades. As a quick summary, the Clipper is stiffer, softer, smaller sweet spot but more feeling. I don't think the speeds are so different overall, but Viscaria is a bit bouncier in the short game. You might find that some adjustment is needed for touch shots and service return. Viscaria's big sweet spot will help with slightly mis-hit shots but will reduce feedback in your hand, so that might be a good or bad thing depending on your needs. Both great blades - one a great example of a powerful 7-ply all wood, one the quintessential ALC archetype.

Reactions: Suga D