What's your favourite shot of 2016?

• 01) Pong is Life's wild backshot!

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 02) TTStar Tournament: Miroslav Horejsi crazy reaction block!

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 03) Fan Zhendong’s roller!

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • 04) Under the table block shot!

• 05) Jan Ove Waldner’s no look flick!

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 06) Jonathon Groth’s back shot!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 07) Andrea Landrieu backhand topspin!

• 08) Dorian Nicolle's Swap hand around the net shot!

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • 09) Quentin Robinot’s no look shot!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10) Jakub Dyjas under the leg shot!

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
Administrator
Oct 2010
---Top 10 Craziest Table Tennis Shots of 2016! ---

The year of 2016 sure is one to remember! Ma Long becoming Rio Olympic Champion, Fan Zhendong winning the World Cup and Emmanel Lebesson shocking the world winning the European Championships. Among all this saw some of the wackiest and craziest table tennis shots the planet has ever seen!

Throughout the year of 2016, TableTennisDaily users have been submitting insane table tennis shots and points in the topic which you can find here to keep a track of the very best moments in the table tennis world!

TTD have compiled a tribute together of the wackiest and craziest table tennis shots of 2016! Whichever is your favorite point is, be sure to cast your vote in the poll above to find out who will be crowned best table tennis shot of 2016!

By voting above, we can narrow down to the ultimate best shot/point of 2016. Which player hit the best shot? Voting poll ends on 31/12/2016 at 23:59 GMT. Take part today! Watch the video then vote in the TTD poll above.

Merry Christmas everyone and have a fantastic new year on behalf of the TableTennisDaily Team!

So many epic shots, who did you vote for and why?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Awesome video. So many great shots that won't show up elsewhere. Rocking.

I think I may have to make a choice between FZD's under the net construction roller and Jakub Dyjas's between the leg shot.

Sick footage. Great job putting this together Dan!!!!

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Switching hands and playing around the net is just sick!
FZD's roller is beautiful but nothing special - you can see such things from time to time in the clubs that's why I think #8 is the best :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
That is the one that got my vote. Crazy. The spin on that ball is a mind bender.

That fake and spin is so technical. He kinda a got into forehand attack mode and decided '**** it', let me spice it up. On the first look it looks doable, but the kind of fitness, technique and feeling is not everyone's cup of tea. I also really like how they hook it so close to the ground.

I wouldn't deny it, I have tried to impress girls at party with this trick, lets say that didn't really go as expected.

My respects to Jakub to pulling that off at game point

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
At 2-0, 10-4?

I know, the behind the back shot had a big impact on that match. But it is not my kind of best shot. I don't know why. But the shot by Dyjas, to me is just awesome and I feel like there is a higher degree of difficulty to it. Sure it came at a point in the match where Dyjas could take some risks.

Personally I also think that flip by Waldner is wild. The roller by FZD is ridiculous. The diving BH around the net is spectacular. I feel like I could have voted for almost any of the shots in the video. But the Dyjas shot captivates my imagination in a way that few shots could. The idea that that shot was even possible, to me, is crazy.

And I definitely love the way Dyjas plays and am looking forward to watching him rise in the world rankings.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I voted for the around net rolling by Fan Zhendong. What an incredible shot,amazing touch! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Before watching the video I wanted to vote for FZD´s roller..
But already the first video changed my mind! :D
But then, what on earth can beat swap hands around the net shot???
Maybe some crazy behind the back around the net roller, lol..
But that is something I didnt see yet, so I vote for number 8!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
My vote is Jan-Ove. Pulling such a shot in serious match against a way younger player just deserves my respect!

So true! What I love about the occassion is how it was his last professional match! Waldner started out his table tennis career at that club and retired there and pulled off a shot we can only dream of! How does he do it!

Reactions: Suga D