Controversial: Why amateur table tennis players so fat?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
I don't claim to be a professional at darts, however I do see what makes the great players great, and I can practice what I preach. I play obese style with lanky stature. The trick to being great at darts is to allow your body weight to do the work for you.

Even the largest darts players have similarities in their throws. But I want you to remember, theres more than one way to mutilate a kitten. If you'd like to improve your dart playing abilities I would gladly give you some pointers.

Good one :))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
What's the joke? my camera is broken right now so I can't show you how good I am but I'm serious. Also nobody that comes to any of the local dart joints owns a phone to record with. I'll get a video of my talent next month as soon as I can find a chair to set my phone on while I record. But the quality may not be that good since I'm not allowed to record any of the building or any part of the people around me. You'll probably only be able to see a pixelated version of my chest, but any good player can tell from a video like that, that I know what I'm talking about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What's the joke? my camera is broken right now so I can't show you how good I am but I'm serious. Also nobody that comes to any of the local dart joints owns a phone to record with. I'll get a video of my talent next month as soon as I can find a chair to set my phone on while I record. But the quality may not be that good since I'm not allowed to record any of the building or any part of the people around me. You'll probably only be able to see a pixelated version of my chest, but any good player can tell from a video like that, that I know what I'm talking about.
IT's Christmas time. Find the Darts forum.:p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I don't claim to be a professional at darts, however I do see what makes the great players great, and I can practice what I preach. I play obese style with lanky stature. The trick to being great at darts is to allow your body weight to do the work for you.

Even the largest darts players have similarities in their throws. But I want you to remember, theres more than one way to mutilate a kitten. If you'd like to improve your dart playing abilities I would gladly give you some pointers.

Teach me shifu

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Man you have a massive grudge against Archosaurus, dont you?
Although it is strange to treat cats that way I admit

Nah, I use satire quite a bit to tease him a good bit. I've offered to send him some pretty expensive equipment in the past. Pretty sure he knows I don't have a problem with him.

there was a time where I definitely didn't like him, but that's passed as I learned shrug off the nonsense in some of his posts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
The original intention about this thread was to provoke people in community to think about their fitness level for a second regardless of age and other factors. I felt it important because I have been at one point of time where I was much heavy and believed that weight reduction is impossible for my body type.

Regardless there comes a point in my life where I couldn't take it anymore and researched about this topic very well.

In myth, "I" refers to anyone who read it.

Myth: It is impossible for a person like me to loose weight
Myth: I don't have enough will power
Myth: I am addicted to food.
Myth: My body type can't lose weight

Understanding the golden rules:

1) Each Addiction is a habit

2) Deeply ingrained habits are not subjected to will power

3) Habits can be changed

4) Change requires a lot of time

5) Patience and acceptance is the key to successful weight loss

6) Crash diets help you reach goals but are unsustainable

Most Important Points in Weight Loss

1) First and foremost step in weight reduction is to take one minute small step at a time.

2) You have to be obsessed with getting the diet right

3) Diet is the only crucial step to weight loss

4) Exercise comes after diet and is the least important thing to worry about when losing weight

5) The scientific consensus at this point of time is to control the total calorie intake per day depending upon your height, weight and activity level

6) Websites like My fitness pal helps you calculate the daily calorie requirements

7) There are different methodologies like splitting the meals into many portions and eating over 3 hour interval throughout the day, Intermittent fasting, Ketogenic diet, 3 meal a day, paleo diet and much more. Choose the one which works for you

8) Controlling sugar intake level and fat consumption is key to weight loss. On the other hand, intakes from natural resources are accepted more generously

9) Cravings for sugar intake and process food is very hard to ignore and takes a lot of time, trial and personal strategies to overcome. You will find one for yourself

Eg: I replaced sugar craving with coffee intake. Replacing insulin reflux with caffeine

10) Accepting defeat sometimes and get back to ground zero the next time.

11) In the long run, giving up processed and sugary food items is the sustainable way. By taking small steps at a time, you are overriding your amygdala response(Reptilian brain) and you no longer need
wil power to stop craving.

12) Eating becomes a lifestyle choice and you experience real freedom and control over your emotions relating to food. It is a great feeling which is really worth the pain to change

Apps like Pacer pedometer are found in both play store and itunes. This app helps you to track the number of steps you take per day. Anything over 6000 steps a day means your life was quite active. We are build to move and we should use our privilege.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cc.pacer.androidapp&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pacer-pedometer-plus-weight/id600446812?mt=8

Ask me if you have any queries, I have lost 18 pounds in a period of 4 months in a sustainable way.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If anyone else gets this joke within the next 30 mins, I will send them free plastic seamless balls.

Will it be a crushed one with a Jurassic reptile's signature?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
This user has no status.
Table tennis is a sport for everyone. Playing table tennis in a low level does not require a great physical condition as you just have to put the ball to the other side of the table. That is the reason that many people who have not played or tried playing table tennis seriously don't think of it as a difficult and demanding sport. Personally, just trying to play it the right way I can feel how much important is your being in shape and how extra pounds can really determine your match and training performance. All in all, table tennis is a physical demanding sport that requires a lot of mental attributes, too. Having fun with table tennis does not require all that stuff and that is the main reason this belief was created.

This user has no status.
I don't think you've thought about your post very deeply. I mean, why are there far doctors for that matter, or fat personal trainers? Have you really not seen fat, lazy or out of shape players throw a football, kick a soccer ball or dribble a basketball? If not at an amateur level than definitely at a hobbyist level?

You've answered your own question when you stated "amateur players". The surprise here would be to see some one out of shape perform at the pro level, and even then it would be the exception and not the norm.

But to your point, table tennis is a sport that does not demand excellent physical shape for one to participate and enjoy. Strong strategy almost always prevails over raw athleticism in this sport. I myself suffered from a partial ACL tear playing basketball and found table tennis as a health and relatively less stressful on my joints vs say tennis or badminton (I cringe whenever I see these players and their knee joints move in opposite directions).

But, this doesn't mean table tennis can't be played at an extremely physical level. I've always been competitive and athletic enough that I (time and other resources permitting) Have gone balls-to-the-wall feel-like-my-chest-will explode all in, (I've played/run drills intense enough that were comparable to my bball days, like legit burn through 3000+ calories in under 2 hours.) so, this game definitely has range.