Review of My Best Points in 2016

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
2016 is the year of table tennis for me. I have had the opportunity to put in some time to explore the sport. I had the privilege of receiving some training with my team mates and improve my skills. While there are ups and downs throughout 2016, I was continuously reminded to give thanks to God for my ability to play this sport and enjoy it, as I faced various small injuries from time to time that threatened to take it away from me. As 2016 is coming to an end, I have made a review of the best points for remembrance.

2017 is the final year of my studies, hence I will not have as much time to spend on table tennis, but I am sure it will be another meaningful year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

P.S. I have created this thread so you guys can add your own collection of best points in 2016 too!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
That camera angle at ~1:07 - 1:17!!! you can see the great spin you generated!!

~1:35 - 1:48 / ~2:35-2:42 HULK SMASH! -- great 70% power/speed smashes ... if it was me, i would be 110% all out smashing and probably why i beat myself ... safer controlled smashing from you!!

~ 2:59 - 3:03 SPEEDY FOOTWORK!

~ 4:10 -4:16 THAT RPB!!

Thank you for sharing si-hing!

p.s. I may not have time to compile my best points from the few videos of my matches :(

Reactions: JeffM and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
That camera angle at ~1:07 - 1:17!!! you can see the great spin you generated!!

Thank you for sharing si-hing!

p.s. I may not have time to compile my best points from the few videos of my matches :(

Thanks for the detailed analysis and your compliments, OSP, as always!
It is ok, I understand it takes some time to produce, so no pressure at all I made the video so I can re-watch it in the future, as well as sharing with you guys.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
I think it is great topic and I am little suprised that noone posted their own videos, so I made one. Will be great to (hopeufully) see the differences in the next year's video. Hope You can enjoy it even though it is my first video like that.
Last time I did some editing was ~10 years ago.

Disclaimer: First match that is on the vdeo is from december 2015, but I just had to include it. I played with this opponent a lot in 2016 and won only 2-3 times (lost probably more than 15). So despite the points I have included I still lost that set and match

Hope you can forgive me my music selection.

Edit: here is the versionfor people who can't watch the first one, because of the country restriction. Exactly the same with one different song:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I think it is great topic and I am little suprised that noone posted their own videos, so I made one. Will be great to (hopeufully) see the differences in the next year's video. Hope You can enjoy it even though it is my first video like that.

Disclaimer: First match that is on the vdeo is from december 2015, but I just had to include it. I played with this opponent a lot in 2016 and won only 2-3 times (lost probably more than 15). So despite the points I have included I still lost that set and match

Hope you can forgive me my music selection. Because of one song video is unavailable in Japan, Korea and Australia. Will try to upload version with another song, but editing that and uploading will probably take one more day.

Great video Vrael and thanks for sharing with us! Very nice points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews

Hope you can forgive me my music selection. Because of one song video is unavailable in Japan, Korea and Australia. Will try to upload version with another song, but editing that and uploading will probably take one more day.

Wow your reverse pendulum looks so deceptive! I also like to do the BH block on the forehand side just like you ;) but not comparable tho, you are much better than me. Great shots!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Thanks a lot!

I really like to do the reverse pendulum serve, but I still can't twist my wrist as far as it should be done, so I have to rely on deception. I suppose that twisting the wrist more should give me the possibility to create better backspin. Althought I can produce more backspin on this serve than normal pendulum, so it is a little weird.

I have one funny story about that revrse pendelum serve. During polish open I had a chance to paly a little with Kizukuri Yuto. When he was doing reverse pendelum serve I had problems with receiving them even when I knew backspin is coming. After a while we changed and obviously he had no problems with returning my reverse pendulum, but once he misread the spin and hit the net. He and the coach that was in the training hall made quite suprised faces :D

That bh block from fh side can be troublesome for opponents and it feels great, but becaue of that I often ignore the chance to just counter with fh and unconsciously make that bh block, so I think it is not a good habbit.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffM and Boogar