Which physical exercises are the best for table tennis improvement?

says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
Now I am the one bumping this thread because I think it is way more productive than the thread on "body building" what it has been trolled into.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy
yeah , I agree with you Carl but my thread bodybuilding is more specified

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Try these 12 Physical Training Tips for Table Tennis.

1. Endurance
An absolute minimum for me is one endurance training session a week (bike or running) for at least 30 minutes near the anaerobic threshold.
2. Strength
Additional training of the non-playing side is absolutely necessary. The one who doesn’t do strength training ruins his body.
3. Power
Powerful legs are the basis for top athletes.
4. Coordination
When you serve, all the different movement must be coordinated perfectly.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys, what's up?

Can you tell me please which workouts or exercises in the gym should I focus on that help me improve my table tennis? I'm asking this because my GF just asked me to go with her to the gym (I'm not a gym guy), but I don't want to do some random stuff. I prefer feeling that the time im spending on the gym will help me to improve TT.

Thanks for your answers, GL and HF.

Here, read this thread.

Reactions: alejgonzalez
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Lot of good suggestions. Exercises are important, but equally important is muscle recovery.

Table Tennis involves lot of leg movements due to which your hamstring,glutes,calves. Due to continous tension and load on them(due to exercises) , these tend to get stiff..As a result your body re-routes the load to different parts - mainly knee.

You should also make sure that muscles which are engaged, get their elasticity back. Post exercise stretching is one way, another way that i found personally useful is the 'muscle release'

I had meniscus tear on my right knee. It was soo painful that i could play with only 40% of my efficiency. Reason :- my ignorance towards muscle recovery and carelessness to do post training stretching..

I later consulted a physio to overcome the knee pain and found out that my hip mobility is really bad ... ( 3 /10 ) and of-course halmstring,glutes,quads,calves were all strained and were totally stiff...

3 sessions of physio therapy and i could literally feel my legs back and saw the results while playing...

Lot of techniques which can help you do it yourself or better consult a physio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hsfNXDqUE0

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Ride a bike hard a few days per week. At least an hour.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
There's tons of good exercises but I think if you had to pick the single best one if you don't have a ton of time, it'd be ladder rope footwork exercise. If you build up speed you'll be better than if you're just strong.