Jun Mizutani Ghost Serve

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Okay, so I'm sure everyone has seen the serve of Ma Lin that has taken youtube by storm. If you haven't seen Ma Lin's Ghost serve click the link here

Well below is Jun Mizutani's version of the GHOST serve with demonstration!

5b545c3874.jpg

You can see as Jun Mizutani strikes the ball, the spin is bringing the ball back to the net at a quick speed! If you watch the video below it demonstrates how this is done. If there are any translators to translate the video to English for us. That would be amazing!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The Slow mo actually slows it down so much that you can see the ball spinning. It's actually moving quite fast because typically you will shoot in 60 frames per second or 120 frames per second either way to see it turn that many revolutions per second is impressive. That means in the 2 seconds it takes to get to your side of the table the ball has probably already completed a dozen revolutions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
This service from Jun analyzed shows how complicated the game is on that level. That serve where he can make the ball go two ways from the second bounce must be so incredibly hard to read. So much accuracy on it as well. This clearly shows the difference between world class and sub top I think.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
4 things important to get the ball to bounce back to net.

1) impact the ball at the BOTTOM, maybe even a tad in front of bottom.
2) impact the ball higher than net hight
3) impact the ball with racket speed generated by loose arm/wrist, some help from body, and wrist snap. It's all about timing/acelleration.
4) Make 1st bounce 2/3 the way to net for extreme short, closer to 1/2 for ghost serve that bounces deeper and still comes back.

Controlling the height over net is tricky with this serve and not as high% for even a pro, so you don't see these extreme short serves at the pro level, too much chance to get flip killed. Still, it is Uber Cool to show this serve off. Still good to practice it as a way to develop impact timing and for developing sever chop when you need it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Nice to be able to see such detail on the technique. And to me, in slow motion, it does look like the ball is going fast. It takes many rotations before it gets to the net. It is definitely spinning faster than it is going forward.

Reactions: tilden02
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
So many peole try this serve and fail. Usually it is from not striking the ball at the bottom, often not enough acelleration. A lot of newbies seem to raise their arm during the backswing and tilt their blade, so at impact, the swing is never forward horizontal and contact is nowhere near the bottom. It feels weird at first, but even with 5 minutes a day practice know the important points, one can improve a TON in serving, not just this serve. Practicing this match worthless serve is profit, because it builds the impact timing and contact point control that is needed to apply to every other serve in the game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
hi guys,
the second (longer video) doesnt work. can someone upload it on uploaded.to or somewhere else?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
hi guys,
the second (longer video) doesnt work. can someone upload it on uploaded.to or somewhere else?

Hey Riynn welcome to the site :)

Yeah i am sorry but the youtube user deleted the video so we no longer have it. Ill see if i have it in my files and ill upload it for you :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

ml8

This user has no status.

ml8

This user has no status.
Sep 2011
I still don't see the second video and I really want to see it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
@Dan

thx a lot for the very fast response. would be great if you can upload the second video, cause i'm a huge fan of mizutanis playstyle

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
@Dan

thx a lot for the very fast response. would be great if you can upload the second video, cause i'm a huge fan of mizutanis playstyle

I found the video on my system and uploaded it to youtube :)

Im good to you hehe,

enjoy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Thank you very much!!

Now i am going to practise some mizutani serves :)

says TTD , great website.... :D
says TTD , great website.... :D
Oct 2011
Very Nice spin on the ball , at the last bit of the vid wang hao failed to return jun's serve [/SIZE]