Jun Mizutani Ghost Serve

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
How does Mizutani contact the ball so swiftly and with such touch, like that and let it manage to spin back after the 2nd bounce!? I tried countless times even today, and the serve bounces slower on the opponents side, which is the usual characteristics of a backspin serve, but to the point where it spins back after the 2nd bounce? Never done that in my life!

Excellent serve of his, definitely disorientating for his oppenent as someone said! :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Wow, It's just blown my mind right now, Amazing ! Wondering If other players can actually do it like him !

This user has no status.
Sorry guys, what do you call a "ghost serve"? Thank you for explaining it to me.

Ghost serve is a serve that uses back spin.
Ghost serve enables the ball to spin back towards the net once it hits the opponent side of the table.
Ma Lin, Jun Mizutani and Liu Guoliang(On news) is famous for that serve.
Check it out on youtube....!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi guys, this might be slightly off topic but any advice on keeping the serve short? i seem to be able to generate some sort of spin, but they tend to be long.

Try not to enphasize to much contact. Brush the ball softy on contact. Don't worry to much about the spin. Get the ball low and two bounces. Master that then build up the spin. Hope this helps. Any more questions on the serve just throw me some :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Try not to enphasize to much contact. Brush the ball softy on contact. Don't worry to much about the spin. Get the ball low and two bounces. Master that then build up the spin. Hope this helps. Any more questions on the serve just throw me some :)

Thanks Dan! it helps :) managed to achieve two bounces during the last few trainings! really appreciate it. Gonna have to work on the spin though!

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks Dan! it helps :) managed to achieve two bounces during the last few trainings! really appreciate it. Gonna have to work on the spin though!

No worries! Do you have a video camera, upload your serves to youtube and embed the video here, would be more than happy to give lots of tips :)