Jun Mizutani Ghost Serve

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I notice the serves seem to be played with the tip of the bat. I guess this is the point with the greatest speed when the wrist is used to slice under or across the ball. think I will have to try experimenting and using the tip of the bat.

I wonder can anyone develop high spin serves with enough practice, or is it something where only 1 in a million have the level of hand eye coordination (and presumably the right type of skeleton and musculature in the wrist) to achieve.

I think Ma Lin's Serve is topspin - is it not? He seems to bring the bat backwards under the ball to generate this. I think this is also why his opponent tries to make a topspin forehand return, because he has read the serve as Topspin. It is perfect length serve, but I wonder could Ma Lin actually repeat this at will?

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Here's my version of the ghost serve during the TableTennisDaily Tenergy 80 review.

Very good Dan! You are really getting very good spin and the contact seems to be very fine with lots of brush. Needless to say, but if you can integrate a float serve in the same action then it becomes a very effective combination.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Very good Dan! You are really getting very good spin and the contact seems to be very fine with lots of brush. Needless to say, but if you can integrate a float serve in the same action then it becomes a very effective combination.

Thanks buddy, yes you are right, I sometimes manage to trick opponents but it can be difficult. I sometimes stamp my foot a little to disguise between the spins, I always try to vary the serve with a little sidespin/topspin to. Opps giving away my tactics here hehe :D

Thanks for the feedback, I am going to try make a very similar float version :)

Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Wow! I would be really interested in having a look at a topspin serve which is performed with a (fake) underspin action. Also, I am very impressed with the quality of the video(s) posted by you. Can you please let me know how is it done? I also try to shoot a video using a Sony HD Handycam by putting the handycam on a tripod but the results are not that great as yours.

Last edited: