;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
If you feel like you need cushion, you probably really need support instead. I suggest that you remove the insoles of whatever shoes you use and replace with something better. One does not need to get custom podiatry insoles, but the ones you heat to mold to your individual feet are really good. They are durable; your feet will like you and you can think about TT instead of your feet.

Reactions: Baal and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Thx,
Its indeed support what I'm looking for. I'm going to look for better insoles.

Currently I use Asics gel rocket. They are in need of replacement and I want to try lighter shoes.
Indoor socces shoes are relatively light. What's the difference with tt shoes?

TT shoes have more side to side support than indoor soccer shoes while still remaining light weight

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Until i buy something from Mizuno or Asics i am still using and very happy with My shoes of Butterfly Energy Force XII blue, i bought it in 2015 and it is still going strong with little to very tiny wear off, in fact i want to buy new one only to keep it as back up when my BTY shoes damaged suddenly, or keep this BTY as backup and use the new one as main, at the end i feel i need shoes for practice and for playing so i don't damage one shoe for all the time use regardless the quality of it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
TT shoes have more side to side support than indoor soccer shoes while still remaining light weight

From the indoor soccer shoes I have, I don't think that is accurate. The indoor soccer shoes I use can handle force from every direction better than most TT shoes. They are much more durable.

And although TT's movement is almost all lateral, the movement in soccer that is lateral, is done with more force. So it would make sense that they would need to be able to handle cuts and turns and changes in direction.

Anyway. Lots of shoes like badminton shoes and volleyball shoes that can be used for TT.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
What brands do you recommend? Sports equipment is always expensive, but do you really have to buy expensive things? Has anyone tried shoes / brands that are cheap but at the same time are good quality? I know it's hard to find something like that, but maybe someone knows something?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
What brands do you recommend? Sports equipment is always expensive, but do you really have to buy expensive things? Has anyone tried shoes / brands that are cheap but at the same time are good quality? I know it's hard to find something like that, but maybe someone knows something?

I think your best bet is to get older model from a well-known brand for a mainstream sport: indoor soccer shoes from Adidas/Puma, volleyball shoes from Asics/Mizuno etc. This way you are not paying for the hype of the latest model, there is more price competition, you benefit from economies of scale, and you are still getting very good quality. Look for sales/discounts too. Cheap unknown brands might be excellent or can fall apart in a month.

Reactions: Cornel and mr. tom
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
In complete agreement to this , the OP is using Asics gel based shoes, in my quest for the perfect shoe for my knee condition and others , seldom have I come across a better shoe than Asics ... Asics indoor soccer shoes have required support for table tennis , if you are looking for more support you can use their volleyball shoes which will have more "gel" .... now coming to changing the insole .. I tried a couple of options ...

1. the regular gel based support you can buy off the racks in department stores ..
2. Recommended by Der_Echte : Powerstep max support ... this one is actually good for regular shoes , it was too stiff to use in sports shoes because it was actually causing me pain by being too stiff for my feet ...

I would say you can get gel based insoles , you can even go for Powerstep which is recommended by doctors and has sports specific options ... and buy soccer or volleyball shoe depending on what level of cushioning you want ...

now there is one more important thing .. that is the life of a shoe ... it really depends on usage pattern and your bodyweight ... you already have said your shoes are older .. you need to always keep a spare pair of shoes , buy two the next time and keep one in reserve , that way you will be able to

1. quickly tell if you suspect its the age of the shoe or really the support that is causing the issue
2. a new shoe ready in hand ...

point is , most of us try to tell the wear and tear by the external symptoms like the grip in the sole or whether the seams are tearing apart , I have experienced that the internal construction of the shoe also breaks down without any visible wear and tear .. so its best to change your shoes every six months or so if you are playing regularly and are on the heavier side ...

From the indoor soccer shoes I have, I don't think that is accurate. The indoor soccer shoes I use can handle force from every direction better than most TT shoes. They are much more durable.

And although TT's movement is almost all lateral, the movement in soccer that is lateral, is done with more force. So it would make sense that they would need to be able to handle cuts and turns and changes in direction.

Anyway. Lots of shoes like badminton shoes and volleyball shoes that can be used for TT.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited: