Viscaria loss of power?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Bty Viscaria not sealed??

I brought a viscaria with 05 on both sides, the back hand flick was amazing controllable and fast but after 8 hours of play the bh side got slow and less control ?????

Is sealing or varnishing the answer?
Do pros seal or make blades harder?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Haha my bh side is my dominant side and it was over a couple sessions

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Haha my bh side is my dominant side and it was over a couple sessions

Perhaps when they glued your rubbers they used old glue with VOCs and you are noticing the speed glue effect dissipating. Check your rubber see if it has shrunk a little. If it has, then you may need to talk to whoever put your racket together. If that is what it was, it is kind of lame that the place you got your racket from would do that. But what you are talking about should not happen if they used water based glue so it is hard to figure out from the small amount of information you have provided what the actual cause is.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I brought a viscaria with 05 on both sides, the back hand flick was amazing controllable and fast but after 8 hours of play the bh side got slow and less control ?????

Is sealing or varnishing the answer?
Do pros seal or make blades harder?

It's a shame this forum does not permit simple replies like 'No'.

Cobo,

First identify what type of glue was used. A water based glue or one with volatile compounds (IE rubber cement). You kinda alluded that a WBG was used in your recent reply. Since you have used it for a couple sessions, that WBG should have dried within about 1-4 hours after being applied. So, no.

Other good advice above; has the sponge separated from the blade? Lay the paddle down on the table and drop a ball on both sides. Notice the bounce.

You may want to contact whomever assembled your racket. And ask them too.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I used that model of blade starting in 2007 until a couple of months ago. At least 12 different Viscarias. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. Hasnt happened with my True Carbons or ZJK ALCs either, which have more or less the same composition.

My guess is a bad glue job, especially common problem if the blade was sealed, but can happen even on raw blade surface

Try removing rubber and regluing.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl