What glue's are you guys using.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I like Donic Vario Clean. It isn't easy to take off. But I usually don't pull old glue off. I don't think you need to. Or, at least I usually don't need to.

I partly like Vario Clean because I can take the rubber off and press it back on without having to add more glue if I don't want to. It kind of stays sticky like the old glue used to. So you could pull rubber off and slap it back on without much hassle.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
Hi just wondered what water based glue's you are using.
i am currently using donic blue contact glue, which I find is very good until I remove the rubber and all the glue is stuck to the rubber and doesn't want to come off and almost impossible to reuse the rubber.
thanks
I use blue contact too. You can use duct tape to remove the glue from the sponge

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Nittaku finezip. Btfly Free Chaque 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Recently I've built a racket myself for the first time, and I used Copydex as glue.
When you're not happy with the result, it's no problem at all to remove the rubber from the blade and the layer of glue from the sponge. From what I've read, Rakza 7 Soft has a fragile sponge and I had no issues removing the glue.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hi just wondered what water based glue's you are using.
i am currently using donic blue contact glue, which I find is very good until I remove the rubber and all the glue is stuck to the rubber and doesn't want to come off and almost impossible to reuse the rubber.
thanks

If you want to get rid of the old glue just pour a few drops of any available oil on the sponge and gently start rubbing. This works with any glue, no matter if wbg or speedglue, it shouldn't take much longer than a couple of minutes.

Personally i started using glue that ist easy to remove, such as Revolution3, Nittaku Finezip, and a friend gave me 'Soulspin Connect plus' to tryout, which nearly has the same consistency as Finezip, but is a little cheaper.

But TTD Member Jirrex has been lately experimenting with Copydex and seems to be quite satisfied with his results, which i believe is the cheapest solution of them all. Even though i have enough glue until end of next year, I'll probably soon gonna try that out as well.

Last edited: