What glue's are you guys using.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Copydex (sole as Tearmender in North America) is tricky to use. It tends to dry too fast, forming clumps, and for that reason is hard to apply and I often would get an uneven surface. A couple of solutions to this problem are to apply several coats, also to dilute it a little 80-20 in water), or to add some ammonia to it (which you can smell in some TT glues). Eventually I decided it was too much trouble to use that stuff.

My view is, if you are spending between 40 and 80 per sheet for modern rubbers, does it make sense to try to skimp on the glue that you use? So I want a glue that is easy to use, adheres strongly, does not shred my blade, gives a very consistent result. Finezip and Free Chack 2 have those properties. (I tend to glue a rubber and then play with it until it is dead, so being able to remove glue from the back of the sponge is less important to me than it would be for more EJ-oriented people).

One piece of advice to people in the US. DOn't use Paddle Palace house brand glue!

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
rev#3, I only like the high viscosity version. The normal and medium don't suffice. And you can't get a decent sized bottle of the high viscosity one.

porous rubber problems ;(

most the best glues for porous rubbers are a pain to remove from the sponge, cost way more, and are thicker and a bit more difficult for first time gluers to make an even coat.

falco optimum is my #1 glue by a long shot. pretty expensive though, especially for how much I glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Just recorded a very quick video of the glue differences between rev#3 normal vs high viscocity, also threw in falco's. So you can see how thick they all are. probably about <1min so should upload very fast. I appologize now for shaky hands if I had them, never recorded with one hand while doing something with the other.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Just recorded a very quick video of the glue differences between rev#3 normal vs high viscocity, also threw in falco's. So you can see how thick they all are. probably about <1min so should upload very fast. I appologize now for shaky hands if I had them, never recorded with one hand while doing something with the other.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
"What glue's"

The kind of glue that glues an e to an s without an unnecessary apostrophe. Are you a greengrocer, by any chance? or do you write copy for the ITTF?

It's an online forum. Not a school essay. If clearly figured out what he meant even with the apostrophe. There's quite a bit of people on this forum where english isn't their first language. Go crazy correcting everyone's grammar problems.

I 4 1 donut cair 2 right properly.

Reactions: Vrael
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
It's an online forum. Not a school essay. If clearly figured out what he meant even with the apostrophe. There's quite a bit of people on this forum where english isn't their first language. Go crazy correcting everyone's grammar problems.

I 4 1 donut cair 2 right properly.

I don't know, man.

IMHO that's cultural degeneration.

See, language is part of a culture or to be more precise it's a form of culture. So tolerating that nobody cares for grammar isn't a good thing from my point of view. Grammar rules were mainly made, so that people from different areas still would be able to communicate and understand each other. If everybody just writes like he wants to, misunderstandings will be even more common than they already are.
[EDIT]PLUS:
IT JUST HURTS MY EYE!

The number of children that are having grammar and spelling issues is already way too high for my personal taste and many kids in my son's class are facing these problems. IMHO one of the reasons for this is that kids don't read books like they used to not too long ago and instead read too much junk written on the internet.

I don't judge over people makin' grammar mistakes, but i also wouldn't judge over someone correcting them.

Even though English only has been my second language and not my first, I'm quite happy, when someone takes time to correct my mistakes and i can learn something from that. But that might just be me...

Last edited:
Reactions: Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
I don't think it is right topic to talk about grammar, but the point about books is always making me so angry. For example I was reading a lot of books since I ws kid, actually it was the only thing I was doing in free time and my grades from native language were the worst from all the subjects.

I think that language is just the tool to communicte and as long as the receiver of the message can understand me it is enough. For me the perfect "language" is the "language" that requiers the least information to send understandable messaage. And that is probably one of the reasons why slangs exist

Of course I also like when people correct me when I talk to them in japanese, but that is becaause I want to learn that language. I don't think it is nice to correct people on forum that has nothing to do with grammar. Maybe people here don't need/don't want to learn english and just want to talk about table tennis.

Reactions: Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Of course I also like when people correct me when I talk to them in japanese, but that is becaause I want to learn that language. I don't think it is nice to correct people on forum that has nothing to do with grammar. Maybe people here don't need/don't want to learn english and just want to talk about table tennis.

You're right, that this might not be the right place to discuss this, but i've given my opinion on glue already, and just to react to your post:
to make sure that what i've been writing is understood properly, it is definitely up to myself, to express myself clearly to avoid misunderstandings and i can't blame others for any misunderstandings if i don't express myself properly.

I can tell you from first hand experience how many times i had to re-edit my posts in this forum for grammar reasons, 'cause people have been misunderstanding me. But everyone's different...

I think that language is just the tool to communicte and as long as the receiver of the message can understand me it is enough. For me the perfect "language" is the "language" that requiers the least information to send understandable messaage. And that is probably one of the reasons why slangs exist

I'm not so sure about this.
Actually we had that already or as Der_Echte would say: been there, done that and got the free t-shirt.

In ancient times there were mainly only 'slangs' and people used to write exactly how they talked, so EXACTLY this was one of the reasons why grammar and spelling rules were brought up in the first place, so people could understand each other without carrying different dictionaries with them.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Well, so I guess that at least we understand our points and can end it :D. Of course I agree that on forum it is totally different than with friends and even depending on the friend we can/have to sometimes use different language.

If someone is misunderstood because of the grammar it is a problem, but I think that after so many responses everyone should know what OP had in mind, so correcting him now just makes no sense and can be unpleasant.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I don't know, man.

IMHO that's cultural degeneration.

See, Language is part of a culture or to be more precise it's a form of culture. So tolerating that nobody cares for grammar isn't a good thing from my point of view. Grammar rules were mainly made, so that people from different areas still would be able to communicate and understand each other. If everybody just writes like he wants to, misunderstandings will be even more common than they already are.
[EDIT]PLUS:
IT JUST HURTS MY EYE!!

The number of children that are having grammar and spelling issues is already way too high for my personal taste and many kids in my son's class are facing these problems. IMHO one of the reasons for this is that kids don't read books like they used to not too long ago and instead read too much junk written on the internet...

I don't judge over people makin' grammar mistakes, but i also wouldn't judge over someone correcting them.

Even though english only has been my second language and not my first, I'm quite happy, when someone takes time to correct my mistakes and i can learn something from that. But that might just be me...

Then you won't mind my pointing out that the capitalization of the word "language" in the first sentence of your second paragraph, while correct in German, is not correct in English, either when using it as an abstraction (as in "humans differ from other primates in having a spoken grammatical language"), or when referring to a specific language (as in "the German language"). Moreover, the comma in the third sentence of your second paragraph is quite clearly incorrect.

Capitalization of nouns in German has some value in sentences like "Wenn hinter Fliegen fliegen Fliegen, fliegen Fliegen nach Fliegen." However other closely related languages, like Danish and Dutch, no longer capitalize most nouns. We still capitalize proper nouns in English, and also traditionally in any references to God or His various titles, or certain other titles like the President, or the Attorney General. I use it sarcastically to refer to the president of my university and Her various arbitrary decisions.

By the way, when you wrote that english is only your second language [sic], you should capitalize English. It is a proper noun. The word "I" is always capitalized in English. Finally, there was no need to use an elipsis at the end of either of the sentences where you used it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Then you won't mind my pointing out that the capitalization of the word "language" in the first sentence of your second paragraph, while correct in German, is not correct in English, either when using it as an abstraction (as in "humans differ from other primates in having a spoken grammatical language"), or when referring to a specific language (as in "the German language"). Moreover, the comma in the third sentence of your second paragraph is quite clearly incorrect.

Capitalization of nouns in German has some value in sentences like "Wenn hinter Fliegen fliegen Fliegen, fliegen Fliegen nach Fliegen." However other closely related languages, like Danish and Dutch, no longer capitalize most nouns. We still capitalize proper nouns in English, and also traditionally in any references to God or His various titles, or certain other titles like the President, or the Attorney General. I use it sarcastically to refer to the president of my university and Her various arbitrary decisions.

By the way, when you wrote that english is only your second language [sic], you should capitalize English. It is a proper noun. The word "I" is always capitalized in English. Finally, there was no need to use an elipsis at the end of either of the sentences where you used it.

Hahahaaa, good catch. I guess i've been asking for it.
:)
Also nice that you know the sentence: Wenn Fliegen hinter Fliegen fliegen, etc.
It is quite often used as an example to demonstrate the importance of capitalization and the commata.

Thanks for enlightening, mate. I must admit that I really struggle at times with the capitalization, and some is also caused by my autocorrect, but still, I should take time to edit and correct that at least after having realised that i made some mistakes.
:)

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Glad you took it with the humor intended.

The bigger problem I think non-native speakers have is with the completely arbitrary use of "the" in English writing. My wife often asks me to edit her technical writing and I always end up adding a "the" here and there and taking others out. When she asks me why, I have no idea how to answer. There is no good answer. It just feels right. I guess I just use The Force. (I am a scientist, which means these days I spend about 80% of my time writing, since I have students and fellows doing the bench work).

And remember. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D