Table Tennis Tokyo

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I would like to know this too.

I am actually at Narita airport right now (returning to US from China).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
about that Minato Sports Center. If someone goes alone it is possible to find someone else who went there alone to play table tennis or people usually go in groups and play inside those groups ?

there are some rush hours like wednesday and thursday evenings, or weekend afternoons.

during rush hours, there is usually some guy responsible for the TT room and they would make sure to arrange things orderly and would find a partner for you or even play with you. Tables are booked for 1 hour on the hour, and when its very crowded you have to put your name at say 6:30 to play from 7 to 8 and if there are too many people there is a lottery. those losing at the lottery would have priority from 8 to 9. its better to come with a partner during those rush hours.

Outside rush hours, well it means there are free tables, if there is someone else not playing you can ask him, there might still be someone responsible for the whole room which might play with you.

There are also some empty hours where few people show up like Sunday or Monday evenings. or early weekday afternoons...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I myself often play at Minato Sports Center, you can try to PM me, we can always hit a few balls and i could introduce you to some players

about that Minato Sports Center. If someone goes alone it is possible to find someone else who went there alone to play table tennis or people usually go in groups and play inside those groups ?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Can you post an address in Tokyo where I can buy Butterfly rubbers ?
Really appreciated!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
There are a lot of shops in tokyo with table tennis equipment (including butterly). Just type table tennis (takkyuu in japanese) in google maps and search tokyo area. I remember there was one shop 1-2 minutes from yoyogi station, but it is very likelly You will find something near Your location

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Can you post an address in Tokyo where I can buy Butterfly rubbers ?
Really appreciated!

RTF
i posted a link above from nittaku with shop adresses

http://www.nittaku.com/place/list.php?id=13

the place near Yoyogi is Karahashi http://yoyogi.karahashi.com/
there is a place near Shibuya Kokusai Takkyu http://www.kokusaitakkyu.com/html/newpage.html?code=3
icon01.gif

in the Bic Camera department store in Yurakucho; they have a Tax Free goods section, which sells Tenergy and some Butterfly blades

Reactions: Baal
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for the great information! Especially to teach me the word for ping pong in Japanese. Now I can probably search for places everywhere in the country.

I love Japan
, I go whenever it is possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Give me a shoutout next time you're in the Kansai area! Japanese Foreign TT Association sounds like a great idea, who's in?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi