Table Tennis Tokyo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hello,

I’ll be near Minato City Sports Center late April 2020. Would there still be a possibility for someone to hit with me? :)

Even if nobody from this forum is around at that time, you should be able to find somebody to play.

I'm visiting Japan now, and thanks to TWI's posts, I've stopped by, solo, and had some very enjoyable practices there.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Footwork footwork footwork
Even if nobody from this forum is around at that time, you should be able to find somebody to play.

I'm visiting Japan now, and thanks to TWI's posts, I've stopped by, solo, and had some very enjoyable practices there.

I'll also check out the Shibuya Table Tennis Club. Do you guys know about that one?
I kind of also want to get the Japan Table Tennis club experience. It seems like the Minato Sports Center is more of a recreational center... but I'll definitely show up to get some practice/games in!

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I live in Minato but I’ve been once to Shibuya Sports Center a long time ago. I just remember it’s not very convenient to get there.

In Japan there are not many « TT clubs » like there is abroad. Schools or universities will have their own facilities. Maybe some big companies sponsoring teams. There are also many TT schools. But most amateurs just go to sports center and wander to one another depending on their opening hours or convenience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Glad it helped you TGS
Maybe you’ve seen me there... I go to MSC 3 times a week

I was there Monday morning and Wednesday from about 1 to 4pm. I did not see any Caucasians playing. I definitely would have stopped by to strike-up a conversation if I had. On Monday, I did see a "foreigner" dressed in an overcoat with some kind of big employee ID tag hanging from his neck, peeking from the outside. I would have said something, but I was at the opposite end of the gym playing, and he did not venture in.

I've been staying at Kawasaki this week. It's about a 40 min train ride to MSC. Tomorrow, I'll be going to the Todoroki Arena in Kawasaki. They have table tennis in the gym on Tuesday's and Friday's (roughly 30 tables).

I've been travelling from North to South to experience Japan's Autumn. I'm 4 weeks through a 6 week's trip. Leaving Kawasaki Sunday to head South.

Next time I go to Japan, I will probably just make it a ping pong excursion. It amazes me how many places there are to play. (And the food is not bad either.;))

The last two year's, I've visited Taiwan just to play table tennis, but now I'm considering going to Japan as well, regularly. ;)