Euro style Chinese Rubbers for testing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Palio CJ-8000 at 40' is a very cheap rubber, not very fast and with good spin.
Its a very "standard" rubber with no specific peculiarities and not shining with this or that.
Thats why I think it would be good for blade testing, where the blades' peculiarities will shine more.

Thank you - the original thread was started a while ago and I ended up opting for Moon Pro (soft and medium) and Focus 3 snipe. Although both are decent rubbers you can tell they are not up there with your ESN types, they don't have the same catapult or spin, however, they do play really well. I really like moon soft on the backhand. It does exactly what it should, no surprises either good or bad so ideal for testing. They are also really good value.

Reactions: langel
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Palio AK47s are a fan favorite because how cheap/effective/light they are.

They use very thin topsheets like modern euro rubbers, they cost like $10 per sheet, have surprisingly good longevity, and most amazingly, a cut AK47 Red (44-46 hardness) can weigh about 38 grams, which is insane (though there is some variation in batches, like with all other rubbers).

I've been using AK47 for a while and enjoying it immensely. It seems like every other rubber I try is lacking in some manner in comparison. Sure, some have much grippier topsheets, some have more speed, but none of them has this accurate mix of properties and coupled with such insanely low weight that the racket just feels like a part of your hand.

Thank you - the original thread was started a while ago and I ended up opting for Moon Pro (soft and medium) and Focus 3 snipe. Although both are decent rubbers you can tell they are not up there with your ESN types, they don't have the same catapult or spin, however, they do play really well. I really like moon soft on the backhand. It does exactly what it should, no surprises either good or bad so ideal for testing. They are also really good value.

Ok, maybe I haven't got the exact purpose of the excercise. If you want to examine the properties of several baldes you need to try them with one and the same "plain and blind" rubber with no peculiarities. But if you want to compare several blades in regard to fit you, you have to test them with the most close to your favourite rubber.

Reactions: GinjaNinja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Ok, maybe I haven't got the exact purpose of the excercise. If you want to examine the properties of several baldes you need to try them with one and the same "plain and blind" rubber with no peculiarities. But if you want to compare several blades in regard to fit you, you have to test them with the most close to your favourite rubber.

I think you have reminded me what the original purpose of this thread was, and what you say is spot on, there is a difference between what I like and what is good for testing. I have 4 sets of identical rubbers which I use for testing and comparing different blades. One of the reasons I like moon for testing is that I find it quite 'plain', this gives me good feedback about the blade. It just so happens that I have started to quite like it too!

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Can anyone advise? I have a number of homemade blades which I want to test but don't have enough rubbers to test them all side by side. I don't want to pay top prices for the usual Tibhar evo/Aurus/Genius rubbers i usually buy. Can anyone suggest cheaper Chinese alternatives which may not be the same but would give me some idea as to how the blade plays. Focus 3 Snipe perhaps?

yinhe moon soft or medium are good, they are copying tenergy series, be aware that do not use moon speed, they are abosolutely different