Say Hello to a new TTD Member soon

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I talked to a 2000+ level LP player who knows Next Level from a few yrs back. He might show up and make a few posts before posting a vid.

He really wants to work on his FH, both his opening, and his countering. He was talking to Allen Lin, a player/coach, heard a lot of great nuggets. I came in on the tail end of their conversation and suggested that "F" ought to register for TTD and post a 3 min game vid and get some ideas and suggestions. (after he makes hiz 10 posts and gets vid posting rights) He mentioned he saw Next Level's vids and a few with me playing vs him.

"F" 's rating fluctuates. He gives some of the 2100-2200 brain dead attacking crowd fits and often makes a good ratings haul the tourneys after his rating takes a hit. The Apr 2016 MDTTC tourney I did... he ended up 2100, made semis of a division that was 2 divisions higher than the one I entered.

I really look forward to "F" posting here, good to see he can get some ideas/tips/encouragement, but he can really help others too, he has touch on his LP BH wing and really knows how to stay in rallies. This place isn't a pips oriented forum like the great OOAK, but he has a lot to give TTD as well.

I hope he will follow through and start posting here.

I think "F" and his JSH Blade are pretty darn good and I have received a lot of good advice from him. And I think he's got a pretty decent forehand when he counters. I wish I had his FH.

F, buy some of the 0.5mm Meteorite that I shouldn't have purchased from ttdd.de.

Assuming, I have the right "F". Which I think I do.

He's far better than me, but I think he should work on twiddling. The thing that makes Meteorite awesome is the thing that makes it a burden. I gives massive chop vs. spinny players. It doesn't do anything against spinless control players. It's too slippery, and there isn't enough spin variation. One way to keep from getting pinned down on the BH side is to twiddle and attack, or chop with inverted.

Just a thought from a lower rated LP chopper.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I talked to a 2000+ level LP player who knows Next Level from a few yrs back. He might show up and make a few posts before posting a vid.

He really wants to work on his FH, both his opening, and his countering. He was talking to Allen Lin, a player/coach, heard a lot of great nuggets. I came in on the tail end of their conversation and suggested that "F" ought to register for TTD and post a 3 min game vid and get some ideas and suggestions. (after he makes hiz 10 posts and gets vid posting rights) He mentioned he saw Next Level's vids and a few with me playing vs him.

"F" 's rating fluctuates. He gives some of the 2100-2200 brain dead attacking crowd fits and often makes a good ratings haul the tourneys after his rating takes a hit. The Apr 2016 MDTTC tourney I did... he ended up 2100, made semis of a division that was 2 divisions higher than the one I entered.

I really look forward to "F" posting here, good to see he can get some ideas/tips/encouragement, but he can really help others too, he has touch on his LP BH wing and really knows how to stay in rallies. This place isn't a pips oriented forum like the great OOAK, but he has a lot to give TTD as well.

I hope he will follow through and start posting here.

For some reason, I don't remember recording video of the match we played but he had some of the best offensive lp play that I had ever seen which was how he beat me. Would like to believe that my allround serve and offensive game would give me a better chance today but his game is not in a time capsule either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2016
Come on bro, we got par gerell and other pros as members, we get podcasts with aruna quadri, reviews with liam pitchford and you make a scandal for a us2000 player?
And on top of it all he's a long pimples player?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Come on bro, we got par gerell and other pros as members, we get podcasts with aruna quadri, reviews with liam pitchford and you make a scandal for a us2000 player?

What was the last time any of these people posted here?

What does his using Long Pimples have to do anything?

And….how is this a “scandal?”

...bro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
In amateur levels having pimples is clearly an advantage.
A scandal is creating a thread.
But it's just a comment.
Do what you want.

Reactions: bobpuls
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, I guess that makes a SCANDALEOUS Trouble Maker.

Guilty.

Still, dude is gunna be good here and players below pro level work out here. If this thread causes a 2 dozen strong Goon Squad to sign up and post, I guess it was a decent scandal.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I think there are quite a few members who would be above us2000.
This is why the thread looks a bit ridiculous.
If he was say 2500 and member of the national team it would be different.

Reactions: bobpuls
In amateur levels having pimples is clearly an advantage.
I like how you state that as fact... north of 2000 USATT, that's debatable. Der_Echte himself plays 1 level higher vs. LP players.

A scandal is creating a thread.
But it's just a comment.
Do what you want.
This doesn't make sense. Let's consult the Dictionary: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scandal

Let me see here...Nope. Nothing in there says anything about creating a thread. Nothing scandalous about it.

Last edited: