Say Hello to a new TTD Member soon

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I hope it would have happened last week, but I gotta text him again... Nuke SW... help out and encourage the man. Mr F can do good justice to our forum as a contributor and asker of TT

Actually, I play 1-3 levels higher vs most LP players, I sometimes get cocky and trade bats and play LP players using their own bat against them playing the same style... Either way it is fun and one of my ways to cause trouble in TT.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
F is not for Fatt, somehow, he doesn't wanna be here, although he would also be an excellent addition.
Yeah, its fair that ppl are sticking one forum. He could contribute to the site with his knowledge. I was just hoping I guess...

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2016
I like how you state that as fact... north of 2000 USATT, that's debatable. Der_Echte himself plays 1 level higher vs. LP players.

This doesn't make sense. Let's consult the Dictionary: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scandal

Let me see here...Nope. Nothing in there says anything about creating a thread. Nothing scandalous about it.

Up to 2500 or more a guy who just pushes and blocks can win many matches simply because of the long pimples.
There's a guy called pushblocker from usa who does that.
Maybe you will find him on youtube

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
F is not for Fatt, somehow, he doesn't wanna be here, although he would also be an excellent addition.

Wise decision.
We dont want people repeating the same things over and over in different forums.
People should choose one forum and just use that one.

Sometimes I see users creating the same thread on mytt and ttdaily.
If both have the same users everything is just repeated.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Up to 2500 or more a guy who just pushes and blocks can win many matches simply because of the long pimples.

Just because of the long pimples? You have an interesting view of TT.

EDIT: I had a friend text me this week that he had just heard of a guy called "pushblocker" who could play with long pips at the table and was 2300 and asked me if it was true. I responded that the guy's highest rating was just over 2300, but that yes, he is mostly playing with long pips at the table. That said, he has strong serves and a very good tactical game and has a forehand for easy balls now. My friend asked for video. I added this story because my friend watches a lot of TT and practices a lot vs long pimples. Yet he was surprised by the existence of Pushblocker. Playing with long pimples almost exclusively above 2000 is very hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
here causing problems to a 2560 player.
and all he does is block with the pimples.
90% of the shots he doesn't use the fh, he covers all the table with the bh pimple block.

Last edited:

First of all, I’d be willing to bet that you cannot find a single example of a guy that ONLY pushes and blocks (which is still very difficult to do btw) above 2400. You have to have very good inverted play of some kind.

Second of all, the person in question ("F") is a chopper, and modern defender. So the push blocking style is not really applicable here.

And of course I know Olivier (Pushblocker). He is quite an anomaly at his level. There is 2200 double inverted attacker (Kit Jeerapaet) he regularly defaults to because he just cannot defeat him. Not even worth trying. for this 2200 level guy, he sees PBs use of LPs as a detriment.

What level are you? Have you ever played with Long Pips? Most players above 1900 I know see LPs as a disadvantage, and salivate at the chance to play against them. This is because they took the time to understand them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Let's be honest..... with inverted both sides pushblocker would be 1800 or lower.
I bet inverted vs inverted nextlevel would beat pushblocker.

pushblocker is not an anomaly, I have played some players who have a similar style.
And yes occasionally I lose to them.

Last edited:
Let's be honest..... with inverted both sides pushblocker would be 1800 or lower.

pushblocker is not an anomaly, I have played some players who have a similar style.
If he played with inverted, he’d likely train strokes appropriate for that rubber. No telling how high he’d be if he started, from the beginning, with double inverted. He doesn’t, hence his blocking style. He trains for those strokes. (and yes there’s more to it than just blocking).

Same logic could be applied to you. If I gave you LP and you haven’t trained with it, you’d be several hundred points worse.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
If he played with inverted, he’d likely train strokes appropriate for that rubber. No telling how high he’d be if he started, from the beginning, with double inverted. He doesn’t, hence his blocking style. He trains for those strokes. (and yes there’s more to it than just blocking).

Same logic could be applied to you. If I gave you LP and you haven’t trained with it, you’d be several hundred points worse.

Nope.
I know several people who changed to lp and improved their level in a few months.
I used lp myself and it's not hard to master at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
here causing problems to a 2560 player.
and all he does is block with the pimples.
90% of the shots he doesn't use the fh, he covers all the table with the bh pimple block.

It's not easy to do. You need soft hands. You need to be able to place the ball outside the strike zones of attackers. You sometimes need to keep the ball short. You need to keep the ball low and heavy enough to avoid easy kill shots. You need to be able to move the attacker around.

At that level, you don't just get people to misread spin over and over again. You may be able to win the first game with that, but after the adjustments, your skill becomes critical. If you can't create real problems for your opponents, you will lose easily.

Here is a match that MAder was very proud of. Watch how his opponent kills him in the first game and watch how he adjusts. IT is not that easy, my friend.

Reactions: Nuke Skywalker
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015

That's neither here nor there - I suspect your level would drop as well if you were to get Pushblocker's equipment. Shots and tactics are quite different and not trivial.

Look - I understand somewhat where dislike for this particular style is coming from. But - it's legal, and one could get to a pretty high level using LP or Anti, so might as well learn how to play against them. Now - there are rumors floating around that *some* LP blockers like to doctor their pips (baking in the sun, UV light etc.) - that's a different story altogether and is cheating in my book (as is boosting, btw).

In the end we probably will agree to disagree - but I think more users are here, the better, style differences be damned. Would be great to have more higher level players, but in my experience they don't post much :p - too busy training, I suspect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I am not saying what he is doing is easy or difficult.
Because that's a relative term.

I will however say what he does is easier than playing inverted looper on both sides.
This is why he got the rating of 2300.
I'm sure if he played inverted both sides he would be around 1800 or less.

I will not tolerate any disagreements with these facts.

Reactions: NextLevel