Favourite Table Tennis Player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Michael Maze and Xu Xin - Their creativity, defense, left hand style, and emotional games are the best to me.
Ding Ning - Tenacious competitor, fun tomahawk serves, etc.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
↓GOAT↓
w322wS2PADuZDUuM

Reactions: eduardo1995filipe
Everyone is a product of their generation.

It's true!
My list: Stellan Bengtsson, J-O Waldner, J-M Saive, Desmond Douglas, Timo Boll, Vladimir Samsonov, Ma Lin, Ma Long, Koki Niwa, Tomokazu Harimoto.
Not sure who is the GOAT but Ma Long is on a fast track to be it, but J-O Waldner is from my generation, so...;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
It's true!
My list: Stellan Bengtsson, J-O Waldner, J-M Saive, Desmond Douglas, Timo Boll, Vladimir Samsonov, Ma Lin, Ma Long, Koki Niwa, Tomokazu Harimoto.
Not sure who is the GOAT but Ma Long is on a fast track to be it, but J-O Waldner is from my generation, so...;-)

I forgot Stellan! He's the reason I got my first racket. My mother who didn't care much about sports had a major fancy for that man which meant that we watched TT together whenever he played. Some of my earliest memories of watching sports on TV.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I like to watch most pro players that diversify from the standard "power/speed pace game".

My top (in no particular order) is something like:
Xu Xin
Stephane Ouaiche
Gionis Panagiotis
Koki niwa
J.O Waldner
Michael Maze

oh, and Adam Bobrow! :cool:

Probably the biggest inspirations to my own playing style, but still a long way to go.

I forgot Stellan! He's the reason I got my first racket. My mother who didn't care much about sports had a major fancy for that man which meant that we watched TT together whenever he played. Some of my earliest memories of watching sports on TV.

Here exactly the same situation when I started with TT when I was 17 years old. Stellar was my biggest example and left handed playing, just like me! [emoji16]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Nr 1 is tied between JO Waldner & Ma Long for me, Waldner such control and creativity. Ma Long is just incredible, the way he imposes his will onto a game and his opponent.
2: Xu Xin - Spectacular gameplay in both singles and doubles, simply a joy to watch.
3: Mima Ito - Such a small but fierce player, lovely.
4: Koki Niwa - Waldner Jr.
5: Liu Shiwen - cant put my finger on it but I just like to watch her play!
Honorable Mentions: Ding Ning, Mattias Falck, Vladimir Samsonov & Timo Boll

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Mattias Falck for his different game style that I try to emulate.
Gionis Panagiotis and Filus Ruwen because I like to watch their matches.
Mima Ito