Favourite Table Tennis Player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 2 reviews
Right now my favorite is jeoung youngsik. He is just so fun to watch and I expect him to at least be in the top 5 in the future. Also, Quadri Aruna is another one of my favorites. I love watching people who look like they are trying extremely hard XD.

You can add Wu Chun Ting to that list. Just by looking at him I can say he has no chill.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Wu Yang (best female defender of all time!?)
Kim Kyung Ah
Zhou Xintong (interesting chop-block style)
Zhang Yining (blocky blocky!)

Jose Luis Machado/Des Douglas/Kenta/Waldner (inverted blockers)
Joo Se Hyuk
THE Pushblocker (anybody that polemical is worth noting!)

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
These are the players that I watched most so I can say that they are my favourites.

- Ryu Seung Min
- Jan Ove Waldner
- Oh Sang Eun
- Kenta Matsudaira
- Vladimir Samsonov
- Werner Schlager
- Alexander Shibaev
- Omar Assar
- Michael Maze
- Jun Mizutani

But beside that, I am watching Kreanga for backhand, Ma Lin for serves, He zhi wen for drives and, Joo for fun :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
There are many players that I admire for differents reasons. As I keep learning about TT players, the list just gets bigger hehe

- Ryu Seung Min (excellent footwork and killer forehand)
- Ma Lin (versatility)
- Samsonov (plays in a very calm way and don't rely only on powershots)
- Waldner (blocks)
- Oh Sang Eun (same)
- Koji Matsushita (very fun to watch)
- Xu Xin (same)

I'm also starting to like Xu Hui recently.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You know what, I like watching table tennis, a lot. I don't know that I have favorite players. When I am watching a good match, it is fun to watch. I often like watching both players. Watching a match without rooting is actually interesting because you see different things than when you are rooting. There are so many players with good form, good strokes, good technique, who are fun to watch.

When I get to see guys like Paul David, Alex Pérez, Kevin (Can) Wang, Michael Landers, Matthew Khan, Matthew Suchy play matches right in front of me (all these guys are 2500+ USATT), it is so much different than watching on a screen.

But I am surprised I don't see names like:

Korbel
Primorac
Persson
Saive
Gatien

Anywhere. There are many guys who are great to watch who have been mentioned. But these guys I just threw in the mix are really great to watch. Beautiful touch and technique.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You know what, I like watching table tennis, a lot. I don't know that I have favorite players. When I am watching a good match, it is fun to watch. I often like watching both players. Watching a match without rooting is actually interesting because you see different things than when you are rooting. There are so many players with good form, good strokes, good technique, who are fun to watch.

When I get to see guys like Paul David, Alex Pérez, Kevin (Can) Wang, Michael Landers, Matthew Khan, Matthew Suchy play matches right in front of me (all these guys are 2500+ USATT), it is so much different than watching on a screen.

Korbel
Primorac
Persson
Saive
Gatien

Anywhere. There are many guys who are great to watch who have been mentioned. But these guys I just threw in the mix are really great to watch. Beautiful touch and technique.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy
Primorac moans and grunts on every shot :p... RED CARD....

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

Korbel
Primorac
Persson
Saive
Gatien

Anywhere.

Hey, I mentioned Jörgen Persson... and I would have mentioned Jean-Mi and Jean-Philippe too, were it not to keep the list short, and of course, Korbel, Primorac, Appelgren, Lindh, Ulf "Tickan" Carlsson, Zsolt-Böhm, ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
In person, I love watching players of equal level. you can see the momentum change and know what a player needs to do to turn things around. you see little things that really stand out so much more than when you watch a video.

next time you watch some of the higher level players at your club playing a match. actually try and pay attention to everything that's happening. It's much more enjoyable than a professional top 10 match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Following suds79 's definition, and loosely what Shuki just said, it' d be Stéphane Ouaiche for me. Nothing beats stepping back and blasting / slicing / weird side-spinning fast incoming shots back, in terms of how it feels... Also rushing back to the net for a winner, tennis style. Still, watching his games (especially in previous years), I'll wince and feel "your opponent hasn't even pushed you back yet, stay put!!" quite a bit, at least the side of me that's thinking "win" rather than "but this might turn into the rally of the year". :p
When on the serious side, I find it impossible not to cheer for Ma Long, not even so much for his level or playing style (well, there has to be some of that) but for his attitudes, expressions and such. Pretty sure the connection will remain (bless him, not that he cares) long after he's withered out of the game, I can't help but identify when he's playing, as in back to being a twelve-year-old. Top mentality, and I'm really glad he's the champ at the moment.

Last edited: