Ma Long defeated by Kishikawa 3-0

This user has no status.
Kishikawa is semi-retired now that he has his own TT academy up and running.
He wasn't participating in selection tournament for World championships and it's been wispered that this month's National tournament is his last.

Thanks for the info man. Too bad that he's playing professionally any more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Really fascinating to compare styles from 2009 to 2011. Ma was stronger and Seiya became very backhand oriented - in the 2009 match he flipped a lot of forehands for winners - I didn't see him do that at all in the 2011 match. Maybe partly Ma didn't allow so many opportunities for that, but still an interesting comparison.

Reactions: doraemon
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There were a few players Ma Long had these weird losses to back then. But they were anomalies. And he always seems to have come back and beat those players who beat him after. It was not that different in the trials for the 2012 Olympics when Koki Niwa beat Ma Long. I don't think he ever beat him again after that.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Really fascinating to compare styles from 2009 to 2011. Ma was stronger and Seiya became very backhand oriented - in the 2009 match he flipped a lot of forehands for winners - I didn't see him do that at all in the 2011 match. Maybe partly Ma didn't allow so many opportunities for that, but still an interesting comparison.

Ithink
in the swedish open, kishikawa was almost at the same level but ML was way better in the BH exchanges and better prepared in the tactics, he tried to initiate fh rallies as much as possible where he is clearly better and also pivoted more compared to the 2009 match

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I don't think he has beaten any chinese player after that ...

There were a few players Ma Long had these weird losses to back then. But they were anomalies. And he always seems to have come back and beat those players who beat him after. It was not that different in the trials for the 2012 Olympics when Koki Niwa beat Ma Long. I don't think he ever beat him again after that.

Last edited: