What happened to American Hinoki?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hello guys

About a month ago I was searching about single ply hinoki blades and I found some people talking good things about American Hinoki. But its website isn't working at least since middle december (first time that I tried to access).

Anyone knows if Kevin is still making blades? I'm curious to see what kind of blades he does (I will not buy anything right now, but I would like to know his work)

His website is (or was) this: http://www.americanhinoki.com/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
That's absolutely correct. He's made a lovely blade for me a few moons ago and I'm totally satisfied with his work.

I've just tried to open his website, but same result: website is temporarily not available.

Just hope it's nothing serious.
You can try to send an email to: [email protected]
I'll try that as well and will keep you posted about the results.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I have contacted him.

The domain expired and he was having some trouble to get his site running up again, but he isn't too concerned about it right now because at the moment he is working in something else ("table tennis training device"). But he can still make a blade if you ask him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
He is a great guy! I own a blade made by him as well and I am fully satisfied. It is everything I thought it would be and more. Very humble guy who knows his woods and his blades.

Kevin here from American Hinoki, first thanks for the kind words.
I am still making blades.

My website has been down for a while, which was a good thing as I purchased a 3d printer
and have used it to make some TT inventions. Have been working on filing patents on these inventions
which was/is quite a bit of work especially for a non-lawyer :)

I have invented and have patent pending status on the following products:

1. Product to quickly develop close table topspin stroke development.
2. Product for developing off-table topspin strokes.
3. Product for developing over the table flips/flicks,
4. Product for gluing OX long pips.
5. Product that lets you legally boost rubber without the use of chemicals.
where the effect lasts longer than with chemicals.
6. New blade design that lets a player use a much looser grip without fear of letting the paddle go.

Currently Joola is reviewing the 6 products, and hopefully something may come of it.

If anyone is serious about going into a partnership with me on these products
email me at [email protected]. Although I have patent pending status on all the devices
it cost probably 3-5k to get a full patent issued. I am thinking of something like you pay for the patent
and I will give say 40% of profits generated in the specific country. Or if someone wants to set up a
"gofund me " type website for a product we could work something out.

Best Regards

Kevin

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo