The technique of chopping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Transfer weight from back foot to front foot. Rotate waist, relax your arm brush the ball by using your wrist to change the angle of brushing.

Well would you look at that. Same as a loop.

Reactions: pgpg and Suga D
This user has no status.
Hello, im new in this site.Currently, I play as modern defender and sometimes I struggle with my chops. I spin and block on the forehand side and I chop on the backhand. Can you give me some tips regarding the technique of chopping in general? Thanks in advance.

A good tip is to make sure you wait for the ball to drop before contacting the ball, getting a low contact point. This makes your chop harder to attack.

Hello, im new in this site.Currently, I play as modern defender and sometimes I struggle with my chops. I spin and block on the forehand side and I chop on the backhand. Can you give me some tips regarding the technique of chopping in general? Thanks in advance.

Your spin willbe largely borrowed from your opponent, meaning the more he spins on his loops,the more you will send back in underspin back to him. With FL2,especially if you have sponge, because it is grippy for an LP, you will be ableto add spin to the incoming spin, and therefore send back more spin than youropponent is expecting. This is assumingyou can brush the ball at greater speed than the ball is rotating.

That being said, if your opponent doesn't give you much spin to work with, it'slikely you will not have much on your chops.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I chop with high consistency but I am not sure I put enough backspin. So I am not sure I am doing it exactly right.
Nuke / Japs right.

To add, If,

Your opponent lost looping confidence and start pushing, or,

Looking at his blades after net / out ball, then,

You already doing it right. [emoji6]

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Reactions: genrel001