XIOM Rubber Assistance Please

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm no expert on Xiom rubbers, but I have played with Xiom Vega Pro for a while. Back then, I came from Tenergy 05 and finding that a bit too sensitive to incoming spin (negatively impacting service returns) I sought something a little bit less so, but still retaining the kick T05 added to my topspins.

Vega Pro has much more than a decent amount of spin; it's very spinny, has a high throw, has a relatively hard sponge. It approaches T05 when spinning, but is more controlled when returning serve. It also adds a few more lower gears, adds useful options to slow down things. More control in the touch game, significantly easier in direct hits.

Lennart Wehking posted a review (advertorial?) that shows Vega Pro in action. I can't post links, but it's easy to find, "Lennart Wehking reviews the Xiom Vega Pro Rubber".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hello TTD Members,

I'm after feedback on the following Rubbers , my game is based on Heavy F/H Topspin Loops , so i would ideally would want a rubber that would generate a decent amount of spin

XIOM Vega Europe vs XIOM OMEGA V Euro

XIOM Vega Pro Vs XIOM OMEGA V Tour

All of these rubbers, depending on your personal technique, will generate more than a decent amount of spin.

The Vegas are from an earlier Tensor generation, and Europe is a pretty soft rubber. Pro is harder, and described quite well in the above post. Omega V Tour brings a softer topsheet to the harder sponge, a trend quite current to optimize for plastic balls. You might feel the ball sinking in and catapulted out a little more than with Vega Pro.

Can´t say anything on V Euro.

If you like soft rubbers, take a look at the Vega Europe DF. It does everything a little better than the "old" version, but it is heavily discounted (at least in Germany ... 27 Euro compared to 49 for any version of Omega V).

This will however also depend on your blade. Carbon fibre blades with Vega Pro could make a beast difficult to handle, yet extremely powerful if you´re used to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I've played with Xiom Vega Europe for a year on my bh for about 5 months then switched it up to my forehand for the last 7 months. I've played better with it on my forehand. I like it when looping against backspin and I get easy control when returning heavy serves. It gives a decent amount of top spin and is also good with serves and blocking. Good for close-mid range

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Not sure what your questions is
Just see one rubber vs the other and another rubber vs another

Omega is faster/spinner/heavier than Vega
Pro/Tour is harder sponge than Euro
harder sponge is better for spin
softer sponge is better for beginners/controls

All 4 of these rubbers can provide high spin top spin strokes
So all based on what hardness you prefer or what your skills allow you to use
Omega is more powerful than Vega, but then again, Vega Pro is a top selling rubber in Japan (beating some Tenergies)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
All of these rubbers, depending on your personal technique, will generate more than a decent amount of spin.

The Vegas are from an earlier Tensor generation, and Europe is a pretty soft rubber. Pro is harder, and described quite well in the above post. Omega V Tour brings a softer topsheet to the harder sponge, a trend quite current to optimize for plastic balls. You might feel the ball sinking in and catapulted out a little more than with Vega Pro.

Can´t say anything on V Euro.

If you like soft rubbers, take a look at the Vega Europe DF. It does everything a little better than the "old" version, but it is heavily discounted (at least in Germany ... 27 Euro compared to 49 for any version of Omega V).

This will however also depend on your blade. Carbon fibre blades with Vega Pro could make a beast difficult to handle, yet extremely powerful if you´re used to it.

DF for Vega series is the "newer" generation, for 40+ balls
Even though I think older Vega is fine for 40+ balls too
DF is about 2 dollar more than normal version

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Even though I think older Vega is fine for 40+ balls too

I agree. Curiously enough the DF version is heavily discounted in several shops over here, maybe as an introductory offer. The "old" version comes 8 Euro more expensive (before any discount your dealer may give you, of course).

This user has no status.
Thank you all for your feedback , Vega series aren't spinny enough for me.

I used to play with STIGA Calibra LT on the forehand - Thinking about swapping this to XIOM OMEGA V TOUR
on the Backhand used to play with Calibra LT Spin - Thinking about swapping this to XIOM OMEGA V EURO

Does this seem ok in comparison to STIGA Calibra Rubbers?