high quality blade recommended

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
hi everyone ,, i want an advice about high quality blade has nice touch and good speed without losing control , the most important for me is strong blocks,flicks and looping from mid distance .. price about 30-115$
In this price range (keeping in mind your preferences), from what I tried, I think Butterfly Hadraw VK is a nice choice... Hadraw SK is also not a bad choice, but it's more for allround play, if playing mostly offensive, then this blade may be a bit slow sometimes, but it have more sense and control than VK...

P.S. Not very fluent in English, so not sure in the meaning of "touch". If it mean "feel/sense", then for me most blades with carbon don't have it, so I were using only wood blades for quite some time, eventually found a blades with carbon which "sense" is good enough for me, it's blades with Innerforce technology, with two layers of wood above carbon layer. Innerforce blades are not a cheap one, but for me it's worth it, carbon helpes you to have enough speed even when you didn't do full swing, but two outer wood layers give you a lot of "sense" to play soft sometimes and great control in the short game... So, IMO, if forget about a price range, then Butterfly Apolonia ZLC is a great choice for your preferences, it's not as speedy as top carbon offensive Butterfly blades (Mizutani, Jike, Boll), but it have muuuuuch more sense, control is amazing, it gives you opportunity to vary speed and spin a lot even when if your technique not very good...

P.P.S. Sorry for my bad English...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Stiga infinity is a very good blade but bad quality. Ovtcharov True Carbon is better than TB ALC and plays quite similar to the Viscaria. Maybe a bit slower but with better control. One of the best Carbon blades. If you want a comtrolled carbon blade you should try Donic Waldner Senso Carbon. All Wood Clipper CR is nice but there are so many good blades. Maybe you can try the Xiom Offensive S. Plays similar to butterfly korbel.

I was going to purchase the Stiga Infinity but was concerned about Stiga quality control, so I'm going to wait until I actually can find one where I can look at it and feel it. In the meantime, the OTC looks interesting but I read that the handle is slightly shorter and thinner than normal. Anyone have one who can confirm? Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Ahmad, based on how you described what you do well and what you do not do well, here are some blades that would be good for you--listed in no particular order:

1) Yasaka Sweden Extra
2) Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
3) Stiga Allround Evolution
4) Stiga Offensive Classic
5) Nittaku Acoustic
6) OSP Virtuoso
7) OSP Virtuoso Plus
8) Butterfly Primorac Off-
9) Butterfly Petr Korbel
10) Stiga Rosewood V NCT

The Stiga Infinity is actually a good blade as well. When the blade first came out, there were some issues with production and gluing and many of them delaminated and the plies separated because the glue did not adhere properly. But now the production seems okay.

But I would recommend any of the ones on my list over the Infinity.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Here is a good review of many of the blades on your list:

http://ttgearlab.com/2017/10/16/classic-5-ply-wood-blades-comparison/