Japan National Championships 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I didn't knew, so I wrote both best of 7 and 5 games' anticipations.

actually I've doubled checked, the 4 first rounds are played best of 5, and from there its best of 7

So, to be more precise, in the first 3 (qualifying) rounds, there are no seeded players. In the 4th round (best 64), the 32 seeds meet 32 qualifiers. All those games are best of 5.

Then round of 32, 16, 8, QF, SF, final...are best of 7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Link to the live streaming.
http://labolive.com/program

It's hard to locate as the web site is in Japanese. Today is the second day so click on 2 at the top then choose which ever table(up to 24) you'd like to watch. Seeded players will be playing from day four so you'll mostly see junior and doubles events until then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Basically he had difficulties to attack this serve with his FH, so he tried Chiquita many times, but success rate went down under pressure, and he was exposing himself too much.

Also, his opponent Miyamoto caught him wrong footed a few times with some long topspin receive putting the ball a few times opposite where Harimoto was waiting. a bit surprising.

Harimoto didn't have the chance to play many BH/BH rallies where he excels.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Basically he had difficulties to attack this serve with his FH, so he tried Chiquita many times, but success rate went down under pressure, and he was exposing himself too much.

Also, his opponent Miyamoto caught him wrong footed a few times with some long topspin receive putting the ball a few times opposite where Harimoto was waiting. a bit surprising.

Harimoto didn't have the chance to play many BH/BH rallies where he excels.

http://www.samsondubina.com/coaching/tactical-analysis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Miyamoto's one of the hardest working player in junior TT right now so really happy for him to beat Harimoto. I guess winning Japan junior natinoals is harder than winning worlds.

As for the analysis, it'd be great to see USA players in finals with their superb analystic skills and strong forehand.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi