T2 Asia Pacific Table Tennis League 2017!

Which team do you think will win?

• Team Maze: (Timo Boll, Chen Chien-An, Aleksandr Shibaev)

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Team JJ: (Vladimir Samsonov, Chuang Chih-Yuan, Tomokazu Harimoto)

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Team Persson: (Jun Mizutani, Joo Saehyuk, Mattias Karsson)

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Team Rossi: (Dmitrij Ovtcharov, Shang Kun, Paul Drinkhall)

Votes: 24 34.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 2 reviews
I think the 24 participants will be....

Men:

1) Timo Boll
2) Jun Mizutani
3) Vladimir Samsonov
4) Joo See Hyuk
5) Paul Drinkhall
6) Chen Chien An
7) Aleksandr Shibaev
8) Zhang Jike
9) Marcos Freitas
10) Simon Gauzy
11) Tang Peng
12) Quadri Aruna

Female:

1) Feng Tianwei
2) Cheng I Ching
3) Jeon Ji Hee
4) Suthasini Sawettabut
5) Elizabeta Samara
6) Yang Ha Eun
7) Matilda Ekholm
8) Li Xiaoxia
9) Ai Fukuhara
10) Mima Ito
11) Sabine Winter
12) Bernadette Szcos

This is a total guess guys :)

I must admit, without the Chinese top players the line up seems more interesting with less predictable outcome. I'm excited!!!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I must admit, without the Chinese top players the line up seems more interesting with less predictable outcome. I'm excited!!!

I agree to for example the European Championships can be so exciting as its so unpredictable on who the winner could be. I think 1 or 2 Chinese in this league however would be a good thing. It would get China behind the league and also because its a team event that could get interesting.

Ai Fukuhara won't be, she is pretty much close to retired now
aka baby planning :)
Maybe will be back after birth, like Tie yana

Baby planning! I had no idea, I think its clear to say Ai Fukuhara won't be participating :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Few points..:

1. The time limit is very cool idea, but what would I do (or how would I do it) is to give to players new balls like in the superleague, with countdown of 7 seconds starting right when they get the new ball - and within this time they have to serve, else they lose point. The time is a good thing if proceeded correctly. Because - we all can see it - a match of one hour and 20 minutes, has pure playing time around 15 minutes (that we can see clearly thanks to our beloved j@nus and his full match/short form videos). That is huge! It means that only 1 of 5 minutes of the match is real playing time. Sounds boring, to be honest..

2. Handicap matches: I would incluse handicap matches when the ranking difference is too big. That would force better players to play even better and worse players would believe in themselfs more.

3. Men vs. Women matches: That would definitelly spice things up! Imagine Vladimir Samsonov playing Ding Ning, or Timo Boll vs. Liu Shiwen. Or Gionis vs. his ex lover Bernadette Szocs! :D :D :D

4. Hawk Eye .. That wouldnt be used much I think, but I would include it!

5. 2 point ball! one per match! Great inovation from pingpong and I would love to see it in the table tennis match!

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
PLAYING IN A CHAMBER INSULATED. ? :( [:?:]

They are going to play without live attendance, in some spacy TV studio without spectator's seats, not in stadium. This is something new, indeed.
Entrance list is rather displeasing. No Chinese, no interest. Sorry...

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
Administrator
Oct 2010
Massive News!

Dimitrij Ovtcharov has confirmed his participation in the T2 Asia Pacific Table Tennis League!

Dimitrij Ovtcharov expressed: "I'm excited to participate in this new form of the sport and play against so many top players of our time. I think it will bring an exciting "fantasy table tennis" element that will invigorate the game that will attract new fans and give lifelong supporters more to cheer about"

dima.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Several newspapers in Japan are reporting that Tomokazu Harimoto is in negotiation with T2.
It would be great to watch him competing against top players as well as reading endless complaints in the forums on his screaming.

I bet he will grow up from this. Now he is just too young to deal with all his emotions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
pro tour and grand finals my a$$. Finally a league/tournament worth watching and Im guessing it will have spectators at least I hope it does, seems very promising . Competition will definitely force ITTF to buy some new HD cameras...or NOT

The work behind the whole branding idea seems very professional unlike the ittf BS. Sorry I cant help myself but ITTF and TTX belong to the basement, permanently. training with cadets

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
i reckon this is a bad thing for tomokazu. he is playing too many tournaments ( lots is good, but this is excessive)- he needs to focus on his training instead, to be great like the chinese.

interesting anyway, and he is really good. hopefully he will cause some BIG upsets!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
i reckon this is a bad thing for tomokazu. he is playing too many tournaments ( lots is good, but this is excessive)- he needs to focus on his training instead, to be great like the chinese.

interesting anyway, and he is really good. hopefully he will cause some BIG upsets!

True that..
I was wondering, why is China not participacin.. maybe because of this..