T2 Asia Pacific Table Tennis League 2017!

Which team do you think will win?

• Team Maze: (Timo Boll, Chen Chien-An, Aleksandr Shibaev)

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Team JJ: (Vladimir Samsonov, Chuang Chih-Yuan, Tomokazu Harimoto)

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Team Persson: (Jun Mizutani, Joo Saehyuk, Mattias Karsson)

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Team Rossi: (Dmitrij Ovtcharov, Shang Kun, Paul Drinkhall)

Votes: 24 34.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I like the coverage and setup in T2. Really nice camera angles. They also managed to rope in top quality players compared to the Ultimate TT league that is about to happen in India.

But I don't appreciate sports going the way of reality tv shows. Tinkering with rules/format etc for the sake of entertainment doesn't appeal to me. In this regard, I share this view: http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1047197/is-this-boring-you
TLDR of that article:

If you let the mass audience - the least thoughtful sections of your clientele - dictate terms, then you are in danger of losing the more profound and meaningful parts of sport. But that is precisely the kind of audience that sponsors and advertisers love. It comes down to one question: is sport about making as much money as possible, or about seeking the highest level of excellence that humanity can achieve? If you happen to find excellence boring then seek something more your own size, say I.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
After first round I have changed my mind about winners. ​Ding Ning is Persson's joker in this format. 5-0 it's almost half of team and I guess it will be typical result of her matches. Thus Persson got huge handicap, the balance is broken. ((

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
But I don't appreciate sports going the way of reality tv shows. Tinkering with rules/format etc for the sake of entertainment doesn't appeal to me. In this regard, I share this view: http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1047197/is-this-boring-you
TLDR of that article:

I think he misses the impact of economic competition on the ability of sports to survive. If he took it more seriously, he would understand why making some modifications to entertainment and commercialization are extremely important.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

most but not all of the rules has been posted in previous posts page 5-6-7 or something.

does anyone know if in the match above the last point was meaningless or not ?

szocs was 6-5 up , the time was over and then she won the last point, at this occasion and if 11 points haven't been reached the player to win must get a 2 point lead to finish? That is my guess because bernie celebrated the last point like crazy so it must be it

Its a bit disappointing that we have no clear image about all rules yet and when the kill zone is introduces (in the article i posted it mentions , that the umpire decides) and we certainly want statistics and results on their site

p.s. bernie beat feng and jeon jihee, great performance

Last edited:
Reactions: Michal_Z and dragon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

most but not all of the rules has been posted in previous posts page 5-6-7 or something.

does anyone know if in the match above the last point was meaningless or not ?

szocs was 6-5 up , the time was over and then she won the last point, at this occasion and if 11 points haven't been reached the player to win must get a 2 point lead to finish? That is my guess because bernie celebrated the last point like crazy so it must be it

Its a bit disappointing that we have no clear image about all rules yet and when the kill zone is introduces (in the article i posted it mentions , that the umpire decides) and we certainly want statistics and results on their site

p.s. bernie beat feng and jeon jihee, great performance

If it was tied, she would have played a single tie breaker point. Winning that point gave her the game, margin doesn't matter.

Kill zone is umpire decision but usually if the game ends in the last two minutes of the session and they can start a new one. It is to avoid stupid scores like 2-0 resulting in losing whole games.

Bernie and Adina should replace Samara and Pota soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
They need more info on the site, especially standings...

They show the players points/standings while the live stream. Women and Men. Also the Team Points.You can pause the stream for further attention.
i can assume not giving to much information is a successful tactic of lure someones interest in watching and following more the streaming schedule